What do you use the flip trigger on the MongoosT-50CM2 for?

imacken

I bought a MongoosT-50CM2 to try it out against my Alpha. (No conclusion yet.)

Where I like the flip trigger on the Alpha, I find the one on the CM2 a bit awkward to flip down. On the Alpha, I used it for Master Arm/Safe with a quick flip up and down, and also in the down position you can just pull on the flip to activate the triggers. This can't be done on the CM2 as the flip has to be pulled (when down) to activate.

Just wondered what you guys use the flip for in your CM2 grip.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I use it to uncage missiles in the F-5. This works really well with the CM2, but not-so-well with the alpha (given that it has numerous stages and can be pulled all the way back against the main trigger).

For what it's worth, I have the Alpha as well and prefer the button layout/functions/ergonomics of the CM2. I just wish the CM2 was a little shorter so it was appropriate for desktop use.

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

I use the CM2 on my desktop perfectly comfortably. I guess it depends on your seating position, etc.

It’s not much taller than the Hornet stick.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box