Star force , too old System for modern PC consuming ?

ZiggyH

Hi.

I use a "Shadow PC", which basically is a pc which is not at my house.

The interest of it, is that you always have a top hardware pc, upgraded as soon as new technologies appears.

Which mean also that the star force system kill your licences as fast as update comes (in fact too times because if you do not use the reg file repair it count 2 licences because of fail).

As Shadow PC do not warn you when they changing something, i can't un-reg my modules.

So i decide to make a script to automatically un-register my modules each time the pc is shutdown.

But you know what ? you are also limited in un-registration licences ! :cry:

So now, i have one Mirage2000 licence (so i don't use it anymore for now).

The worth, is that to wait 31 one days to get ONE license back (only of course if starforce killed all your licences).

So if i want to play Mirage, and something happen again, it will be lost for 31 days.

Then i'll have ONE license again which can be lost anytime.

So my question is : Why do you still use starforce on some products and not on others ? (f-18, persian gulf ect..)

Can't you ask your third parties developer to get the new protection technologies ?

I have more than 10 modules, spend a lot of money, and i can't play my favorite products.

I am very frustrated.

Cheers.

Wouldnt be easier to just own a normal gaming PC?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

A good PC (in 4k) is about 2500$

As (In France) credits are about 20%.

You have to pay for about 2 or 3 years (depend of your pay, taxes, children, ect).

So, you do not have finish to pay your great machine, that the hardware have evolved (Moore's law).

So you need to ask a credit again, then again...

I pay 30$ per month to have a great machine, which is always at the top of the technology evolution.

I let your wife compute the deal ;)

The point is that it would be nice that every third parties developers should have a modern security implementation. Specially RAZBAM which already did it for the Harrier, but not for my ghost M2K-C.

Years before, You just ask to EG to have some more licences when you did wrong things with your local computer, it was possible. Today. Not.

I have started with Flanker, always thinking that this is the best Flight simulation ever (started sim at 13, now i'm 46).

I just think that's not fair.

A good PC (in 4k) is about 2500$ ...

You have to pay for about 2 or 3 years ...

So, you do not have finish to pay your great machine, that the hardware have evolved (Moore's law)...

So you need to ask a credit again, then again...

The phallacy on that reasoning is assuming that the whole PC ages at the same (fast) rate ... that's just not so .. I change just the graphics card every 12 months on average, the processor every two years and the motherboard every 4 years ... no need to change the whole computer every 2-3 years.

I pay 30$ per month to have a great machine, which is always at the top of the technology evolution.

I let your wife compute the deal ;)

$30 per month is $360 a year ... I wonder how any company can afford to lease you a modern gaming PC for such a low amount, on my country it is not possible ... just a mid range GPU (gtx1070) costs more than $500

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi rudel.

Thanks for your reply

Maybe you'r right, did it many years. But as i said, i have not so much time to search, bye, mount test, bench, ect...

The point, at start was not the machine (i have also 3 local ones, but used only for development or music).

I was talking about the new use of them.

As you notice (i guess) a lot of softwares, phones, tv, are now used by leasing.

The point is why do not oblige, third party devs to have the same security sets ?

Why they let there good consumers in this case ?

At work, i work as a third part developer for many audio DAW developers, and when the host ask, you do the job. You have no choice.

When they change they security, we adapt.

I know this is a boring subject, but as a developer, i warn about the new use of technologies and the frustration that can involve, even if as i said EG, is the best to me.

Cheers.

And about the machine specs (which is not mine as they killed my licences) for starter customers you have this for 30$:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 TI

Processeur XEON 8 threads dédiés

Mémoire : 12GB DDR4

Stockage : 256GB SSD

Connexion : 1 Gb/s

Whats the peripheral (stick and throttle) latency like? Surely you can't use something like trackir? Multiplayer ok? Dont think ED would have tested cloud computing it will come under virtual hardware, but anyway your point is good without the details, the security system change was a good one and hopefully more get migrated.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

No problem with Track-ir + Warthog.

All inputs travel via "Vo-IP" process.

And you receive a video streaming h264 or h265, depending of your local connection.

It's not recommended if you do not have a good fibre connection.

I dont see any difference with my local computer (except the fps numbers :) )

No problem with multiplayer, but you can't host for now.

Cheers.