2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

The new clouds look really really good... just like the terrain and everything else.

Honestly they don’t, but as SithSpawn mentionned this is WIP, I still have faith.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Clouds look much improved but still have a ways to Go... I wouldn't dream of calling the way they look in that video "great".

edit: On second/third watch, in some shots of the video they are bordering on looking "great". Definitely a WIP and I'm sure they will continue to improve, not worried about it.

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

The new clouds look really really good... just like the terrain and everything else.
Honestly they don’t, but as SithSpawn mentionned this is WIP, I still have faith.

That's your personal perspective and you're entitled to it. I think most agree that we are seeing great improvements overall. We have come a long way and I am enjoying what we have got and are getting.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Best thing for me in the video was the explosions.

Sure it is all “WIP” Just like my life has always been a WIP. I just hope it lasts long enough to see this all come to fuition.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

a little macabre but ok :)

Well...im getting old. Thats what happened when I hit 66 last week. Oldness. Since none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, impatience tends to grow even though there is nothing we can do about it.

Have been excited for all the good stuff to come for awhile. All the new features including the modules is a bit overwhelming. It will certainly be awesome... one day “soon”.

Clouds do look “Great” compared to what they were and its still WIP.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

That's your personal perspective and you're entitled to it. I think most agree that we are seeing great improvements overall. We have come a long way and I am enjoying what we have got and are getting.

Did they improved the way clouds look ? Definitely ! Do they look « great » ? I don’t think so. Stay open minded and look at what’s been around in the sim world lately. And as I said, I do believe ED is doing its best to stay relevant in terms of graphic fidelity (their module in development is simply incredible).

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Did they improved the way clouds look ? Definitely ! Do they look « great » ? I don’t think so. Stay open minded and look at what’s been around in the sim world lately. And as I said, I do believe ED is doing its best to stay relevant in terms of graphic fidelity (their module in development is simply incredible).

My thoughts exactly .

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

From Wags: "adjusted lighting and fixed problem where object density was incorrectly reduced"

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Personally...

- I thought the new clouds looked pretty good.

Definitely an improvement on the old clouds, which were from time to time a bit of an immersion killer.

In my mind the path might be:

First step - get them so they don't look 'bad' and break the immersion every time they're in sight.

Final goal, get them so when you study them, they fool a meteorologist :)

I think they're progressing along that path nicely.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Personally...

Definitely an improvement on the old clouds, which were from time to time a bit of an immersion killer.

First step - get them so they don't look 'bad' and break the immersion every time they're in sight.

Amen to that mate!:)

Take a look at my MODS here

Personally...

+1! You're all over it sir!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3288700&postcount=117

Nice teaser, but where are we with Caucasus map?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional