wandering slew bug

thrustvector

Specific Mission or server?

No specific mission as I can see. I don't play online so can't comment on server.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Posted in your other thread a way to minimize this bug.

Also, this bug is a lot older than 2.5.

2009: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45641

2011: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=81719

2016: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=76825

It may have gotten worse since 2.5 though.

Hopefully ED will say if it's intended behaviour or not.

I'm not positive, but reading this and thinking about it, I have the feeling that when the targeting box starts moving by itself, that I had previously been locking a moving target and the shkval maybe acted like it was still tracking that moving target. I don't think mine starts slewing on its own when I've been locking and exploding stationary targets.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

I tried the shooting range and could lock any of the targets on 1st attempt, any distance, any angle.

makes me wonder if LOD and Lightning plays a role as i cannot reproduce any "won't lock"

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I think lighting has a bunch to do with it. I changed the start time on a mission recently by one hour so I could intentionally get some interesting shadows in the AO. Turned out, I eliminated my ability to get target lock. One hour back the other way, and it works fine.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Guys, it's not about locking problems, but that the reticle starts moving around all of a sudden. Resetting doesn't solve the problem. Read the first post.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

for a lot of us that have this problem, which has been made either hugely worse by the recent updates, or has started since the recent updates, the shark has become virtually unplayable.

I now just fly mine around for fun,,,sort of, as actually using in any type of mission I can guarantee that at some point it will happen and totally ruin everything.

now I know some don't have this problem, some maybe don't even report it as maybe they think its an old module, but I'm sure a good majority do have it, maybe not as much as some so not too much of a problem.

but I really think it needs to be found and sorted, as the original module for dcs, surely this needs attention, if for no other reason than to show that everything is fine and working well in dcs and being looked after, surely the first module should be near as dam it 100%.

the people who do report it all seem to have the same problem, so maybe some sort of hardware connection? I don't know, but the shark is one of my favourites (was), but now cant even be played unless using it to sight see.