Debolestis Shapeways shop - Page 44 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #431
Thermal

I got a couple of the Warthog Throttle detentes - the dual stage AB is just excellent!
Thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #432
debolestis

Phost a few photos please.

I am glad that it works.
debolestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #433
Thermal

Pictures!

I got the centre detent and the dual stage AB parts. You can choose the colors to get printed, so I got different ones so I could easily tell them apart.

I didnt realise it at the time, but I really wanted the "centre detent with reverse". That part has the centre detent, and a detent into engine shutoff. The Warthog uses separate switches for engine shutoff, so I think you really do want at least a detent at that end to show you the your at the end of the throttle rage.

Not a big problem, a file will fix it pretty easily.

This is the centre detent fitted. Its blue Thottle is fully forward.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7247.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	182185

Side view, split throttle. The Left Throttle is sitting over the stock engine cutoff detent (black plastic). The blue part raises the throttle slightly to match the existing detent. You can clearly see the centre detent.

Name:	IMG_7251.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	182186

The purple part is the dual stage AB. Left Throttle is at full MIL power. You need to push it over the first bump to get AB, then over the second bump to get max AB.

Name:	IMG_7256.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	182187

Its almost perfect out of the box for the F-15C. I didnt need to adjust DCS at all.

Both fit so well that I dont need the original cover plate to hold them in place.

Very happy with my purchase.

EDIT:
Did need a slight curve (approx -10) on the throttle axis for the F-15C to get 100% power to line up perfectly.

Last edited by Thermal; 04-10-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #434
313_Nevo

sry for late reply debolestis. I have revisited my DIY approach. I think I will try that and if it will not work out well I will get back to you. thx for now anyway. I appreciate your technical interest in the small details.
313_Nevo is offline   Reply With Quote