Bugs in the F15 Bear Trap campaign / am I doing something wrong?

RvEYoda

You mention other 'perfect game' and yet you end up flying lower fidelity module of DCS :)

You have to consider that there isn't a lot of options around when it comes to high fidelity sims of modern high performance aircraft...

On another note, it's good to know the campaign is being worked on, the other day I tried the Bear Trap and was also stuck due to F-16's failing their missions...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

You have to consider that there isn't a lot of options around when it comes to high fidelity sims of modern high performance aircraft...

...let alone F-15C. But we never gonna get full fidelity one because someone picked it for LOMAC 15 years ago, then it got 'FC3' label and there we go - exactly my point.

I fly campaign missions almost exclusively so it's important for me to have them working.

Mission #02 - last night tried again a few times. I think nothing is wrong with the mission itself but it's challanging for me. I got mission complete once but was already falling on a chute. Tried it Rambo style - straight to the WP12 timing it for 12:12, angels 35, all BVR, full AB, 3 reds go down... and then I got hit :) On a second try I succeeded - looks like high altitude BVR run is THE way to go. With the trails all around there's much clearer SA. Is this realistic? Probably not - A-50 should be aware and fly away with more reds scrambled.

Mission #03 & #04 completed without much hassle.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
Will there be any updates ? The Bear trap campaign is unplayable in DCS 2.5.

Be more specific and read MadDog-IC's post ...and then mine.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

^^You might want to take a look at this:

For your pleasure,work in progress early access for said campaign, still testing each mission for faults, (SEAD is a real headache, AGM-154c no good at all and are being replaced with AGM-65D, yes they work better so long as plane can get in close and avoid missile fire).

PHASE 1: Complete at 22-03-2018

- Changed - Date, Season and Temperatures of missions:-

- Missions 0-10. = Spring 22-31 March 2011. (COMPLETED)

- Changed - Briefing info and waypoints to match pictures.

- Missions 0-10, (COMPLETED)

- Changed - US F-15C (Player) flight payloads back to Aim-120C x 6 and fuel x (1 or 3) to match brief.

- Repositioned - All "Ground units" and "FARPS" from out of forests.

- Missions 0-10. (COMPLETED)

- Changed - Position of all static aircraft and vehicles from taxi ways and parking areas in Airfields:-

- Missions 0-10. (COMPLETED)

PHASE 2: Complete at 27-03-10-2018

- Tested missions 0 to 10, (COMPLETED)

So if you want try it out, here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nddpm6m4rbo1zl5/DCSW%20-%20F-15c%20Campaign%20-%20Bear%20Trap%20%28Patch%20to%20Game%29%20%28v2.5x%29.zip?dl=0

Regards, Ian

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

• 2 weeks later...
I have downloaded files from MadDog-IC, but I can not finish mission 1. Even if I fly through all 9 waypints I don´t get "mission success" message. Mission score only 50 and I can not advance to mission 2.

No problem here Screen_180429_201419.png, 100% on mission 1 runnign latest 2.5.1.

Maybe try running the default version of the Campaign? Some of MadDog fixes were natively integrated and the campaign may be working without external mods.

Do you hear Wags voicover as you go through the waypoints? Are you flying at 25K as instructed?

Coincidentally, I downloaded the MadDog version after completing the 1st mission on the original campaign, because I was stuck on the 2nd mission original. So you might want to do this too...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

OK,

So, just so we're all on the same page here;

Version 2.5.1..... Better to use Maddog's mods, YES or NO?

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Yep, can confirm that mission 2 is bugged, f-16s do die from Tunguskas. I had MadDog mod installed but not sure if it was seen by the game as some mods in saved games folder work and others do not.

To finish on a constructive note, I'd recommend another F-15 campaign that is definitely working in 2.5 - Eye for an Eye https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140628

It has voiceovers, good setups and gradual difficulty curve. Oh, and its fun! :)#

With the Bear Trap, I guess the solution is either to wait for a mission2 fix, or edit flight book and skip mission 2. From mission 4 (? the one where you defend against bombers) onwards Bear Trap does work all the way to the end - I've completed it myself last week, having skipped earlier missions.

Likewise with the MadDog files im not able to complete mission 1 now, i fly through all the waypoints, get the voicefiles and land following procedures but then only get 50 score and cant progress. Ill try swapping mission one for the default file tomorrow.

I've comleted mission 1 in original campaign, installed MadDog's campaign and completed mission 2 and maybe 3 (can't remember). Maybe you guys could try that...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

I guess I can use the modiffied files for 1.5.8 then?

You may want to try this version https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2357389/ in 1.5.

As for 2.5 I confirm MadDog-IC's latest mission #1 (00 - FAM flight) cannot be completed but others are fine. So, guys, use original ED's file for FAM flight and replace the rest with the uploaded ones.

As for 2.5 I confirm MadDog-IC's latest mission #1 (00 - FAM flight) cannot be completed but others are fine.

Just to confirm, this is the version I made for DCS 2.5 and only listed in this forum and not the DCS 1.5 version in current game or off the User download site ???

Have checked and corrected the "FC3-F15C-00.miz (Fam flight)" and reuploaded to the dropbox link, slight programming error on my part when I added the requirement to land at end of flight, a trigger zone that I added for the landing check at Vaziani AFB was inadvertantly place over Tbilisi airfield instead.

Just re-download the patch from this forum, I will organise the same patch to ED for release some time in the future.

Cheers.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Just to confirm, this is the version I made for DCS 2.5 and only listed in this forum and not the DCS 1.5 version in current game or off the User download site ???

Yes, the one for 2.5 downloaded from your DropBox. Thanks again for your work and sharing with us.

Have checked and corrected the "FC3-F15C-00.miz (Fam flight)"

Working fine now. Just one minor thing: in the briefing "STEERPOINTS: ... 8. landing" I believe it should be waypoint 9 for approach.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...