DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

OK, at last, radar altimeter fixed with the correct ramp formula:

Ifless ( RALT_ALT 61138 (Ifless ( RALT_ALT 54591 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 49420 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 30350 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 12045 (RALT_ALT/602,25)  ((0,00163*(RALT_ALT-12045))+20)) )  ((0,00524*(RALT_ALT-30350))+50)) )  ((0,00967*(RALT_ALT-49420))+150)) ) ((0,01527*(RALT_ALT-54591))+200)) )  300 ) 

I update my last post with the correct code and attachment, so download it again if you get it yesterday.

bye !

Excellent formula! Thanks for posting.

OK, at last, radar altimeter fixed with the correct ramp formula:

Ifless ( RALT_ALT 61138 (Ifless ( RALT_ALT 54591 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 49420 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 30350 ( Ifless ( RALT_ALT 12045 (RALT_ALT/602,25)  ((0,00163*(RALT_ALT-12045))+20)) )  ((0,00524*(RALT_ALT-30350))+50)) )  ((0,00967*(RALT_ALT-49420))+150)) ) ((0,01527*(RALT_ALT-54591))+200)) )  300 ) 

I update my last post with the correct code and attachment, so download it again if you get it yesterday.

bye !

Hello! First of all, sorry for my English =)

I have two panels, Switch Panel (PZ55) (DCS-BIOS & KeyEmulator**) and Radio Panel (PZ69) (DCS-BIOS & KeyEmulator* & KeyEmulator_SRS** ). I downloaded and installed this program: https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/releases

After that, I downloaded DCS Bios and move it in DCS folder in "Documents". Look like that:

fPdtp7F5qmg.jpg

hkwOWRtQnGE.jpg

Well, almolst all works fine, but i have a problem - numbers on radiopanel don't light up and i can't change frequency with that panel, like that:

j39UGZk9cZk.jpg

Can anyone help with that problem? =)

...I downloaded DCS Bios and move it in DCS folder in "Documents".

Can anyone help with that problem? =)

DCS BIOS should not be in a folder named "Documents." It should go here:

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS

xxxx user would be you and "DCS" should be whatever version you are running, e.g. beta.

Hope this helps. Let us know..

Paul

Hi!

Please read first post in this thread. Make sure you get the CTRL-Ref page for DCS-BIOS working. After that the radio will work.

Hello! First of all, sorry for my English =)

I have two panels, Switch Panel (PZ55) (DCS-BIOS & KeyEmulator**) and Radio Panel (PZ69) (DCS-BIOS & KeyEmulator* & KeyEmulator_SRS** ). I downloaded and installed this program: https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels/releases

Well, trying to get the formulas for different scaled values and different airplanes can be a pain!

So i created a formula generator for that.

You can find it at : http://www.captzeen.com/helios/create_formula.asp

This is the first version so some isues can happen if you dont fill the form correctly.

Let me know how it goes!

Hope you like it !

Edited by Capt Zeen

Well, trying to get the formulas for different scaled values and different airplanes can be a pain!

So i created a formula generator for that.

Very nice! Looking forward to giving it a try.

Thanks,

Paul

This is the first version so some isues can happen if you dont fill the form correctly.

Let me know how it goes!

Hope you like it !

Excellent thing Zeen. :)

One suggestion, use "Cockpit value" & "DCS-BIOS value" for the textboxes (DCS Input/Output).

If I remember correctly DCS-BIOS does not output the same values as the DCS export environment.

Yes it is a hurdle to get the values into human readable format. I'll add your formula for the variometer to the formulas.txt file.

Excellent thing Zeen. :)

One suggestion, use "Cockpit value" & "DCS-BIOS value" for the textboxes (DCS Input/Output).

If I remember correctly DCS-BIOS does not output the same values as the DCS export environment.

Yes it is a hurdle to get the values into human readable format. I'll add your formula for the variometer to the formulas.txt file.

I am using DCS output/input values because is the name you can find in the mainpanel_init.lua and there is where you get the values.

That way you can't fail, hehe !

OK now I understand. Brilliant! I had a look in the Mi-8 mainpanel_init.lua.

edit:

I updated the formulas.txt with info about the generator.

I am using DCS output/input values because is the name you can find in the mainpanel_init.lua and there is where you get the values.

That way you can't fail, hehe !

2018-04-11_085123.png.0d6fb08b38b46f4dc05b30a3c41d066f.png

Edited by ArturDCS

DCS BIOS should not be in a folder named "Documents." It should go here:

C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS

Hi!

Please read first post in this thread. Make sure you get the CTRL-Ref page for DCS-BIOS working. After that the radio will work.

Well, I do this, but Radio Panel still don't work =( I think, problem with Radio Panel appeared, when I started using Saitek X55 Throttle, instead Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle. Before that, Radio Panel worked just fine.

Edited by BMB89

What?? This sounds strange.

Can you get the CTRL-Ref page to work?

Well, I do this, but Radio Panel still don't work =( I think, problem with Radio Panel appeared, when I started using Saitek X55 Throttle, instead Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle. Before that, Radio Panel worked just fine.

BIP can be controlled via PZ55 and PZ70

This is a beta release, a lot of code refactoring done.

Switching on PZ55 and PZ70 can be linked to BIP(s) Switching can set the LEDs in whatever configuration you want. So you can use the BIP in key emulator mode too.

Edited by ArturDCS

• 2 weeks later...

I used the a DCS-BIOS profile successfully over the last two years. I just use started to use SRS. However my radio panel does not seem to work with SRS using my existing DCS-BIOS A-10C profile.

However when I create a new profile, a can create a new "Keyemulator-SRS" profile, but this hinders me to use DCS-BIOS functions any longer.

So, how can I keep my dcs-bios-A-10C-profile and still have my Saitek Radio Panel and SRS working together? Does it work for anyone like that?

In other words, why do I have to decide between either "Airframe=KEYEMULATOR_SRS" or "Airframe=A10C"?

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

In other words, why do I have to decide between either "Airframe=KEYEMULATOR_SRS" or "Airframe=A10C"?

This is a good question.

Doesn't it work this way? Because both are talking to DCS; SRS should work regardless. DCSFP <=> DCS <=> SRS

I assumed this would be preferred as the functionality for e.g. A-10C radios are more comprehensive via DCSFP (&DCS-BIOS) than SRS in regards of using the most of the radio panels dials and buttons.

The second answer is that DCSFP works like it does because functionality has been added over and over, sometimes including major overhauls of the code to be better manageable, had I been programming DCSFP from scratch knowing what I do I would have taken a different approach. This is one of the core issues with development.

Third, I will have a look at this and see if the radios can be separated so that you could combine SRS and DCS-BIOS, I have to see what needs to be done to do it.

By the way, I haven't heard from anyone using SRS via DCSFP. Does it work OK? But please answer the question regarding why you want to use SRS instead of DCS-BIOS?

I'm not sure if this is the question, but ideally SRS and DCSFP with a DCS-BIOS configuration should work seamlessly together. We fly A-10Cs in multiplayer using SRS frequently. I think this was working for me, but I'll have to test again.

Paul

Okay. Then I must try to change the order of lua entries or something. My issue: At the beginnng of MP-Mission it seems to work. But after some Frequency chabges after going airborne, the synchronisation gets messed up (using SR Overlay in VR as well as the Saitek Radio Panel).

So, to me it seemed as the Export Lua‘s are fighting each other

. Then I noticed that there is the option of creating a Keybinding*SRS-Profile. But this does not allow me to use DCS-BIOS for Buttons on Multi

Panel.

But I am sure I am misunderstanding the concept of flightpanels combatibility feature for SRS. Could you elaborate this feature, why woul I need an extra Profile if the following applies.

Multipanel <=> A10C Profile <=> DCS-BIOS <=> DCS.export <=> DCS <=> DCS.export <=> SRS <=> SRS Profile(?!) <=>Radio Panel

Edited by JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

But I am sure I am misunderstanding the concept of flightpanels combatibility feature for SRS. Could you elaborate this feature, why woul I need an extra Profile if the following applies.

Multipanel <=> A10C Profile <=> DCS-BIOS <=> DCS.export <=> DCS <=> DCS.export <=> SRS <=> SRS Profile(?!) <=>Radio Panel

Because DCS-BIOS is not active in Keyemulator_SRS mode. This mode assumes you are flying an airframe which hasn't got a DCS-BIOS profile OR that you are flying a FC3 airframe.

If you fly but don't touch the SRS interface, only control the radios via DCSFP (DCSBIOS), doesn't it work? There are some freq ranges in the smallest digit that might upset DCSFP as we operate on only 5 digits where there are 6 in many radios.

Because DCS-BIOS is not active in Keyemulator_SRS mode. This mode assumes you are flying an airframe which hasn't got a DCS-BIOS profile OR that you are flying a FC3 airframe.

If you fly but don't touch the SRS interface, only control the radios via DCSFP (DCSBIOS), doesn't it work? There are some freq ranges in the smallest digit that might upset DCSFP as we operate on only 5 digits where there are 6 in many radios.

No, it did not work as we expected. Could it be an issue with the SRS VR Overlay? The VR overlay is not for modifiying frequencies, it just a „Selected Frequencies Repeater Display“, or is it? At least I do understand how it is supposed to work. I will test some further on my end. Thank you for clearificarion! I totally misunderstood the new SRS-profile option.

Yes in this instance it apparently works as a repeater (A-10C). With FC3 airframes you can modify the freqs from the SRS overlay.

I installed latest SRS (1.5.0.0)

Started mission from runway

Changed the freqs via DCSFP (A-10C profile) and SRS shows the same freqs as the radio.

I don't fly DCS and I don't have anyone to communicate with so there might very well be issues but from a quick test like this is seems to work.

Let us know how it goes.

No, it did not work as we expected. Could it be an issue with the SRS VR Overlay? The VR overlay is not for modifiying frequencies, it just a „Selected Frequencies Repeater Display“, or is it? At least I do understand how it is supposed to work. I will test some further on my end. Thank you for clearificarion! I totally misunderstood the new SRS-profile option.

Edited by ArturDCS

Same issue here with A-10C and SRS (frequencies moving crazy)

I installed latest SRS (1.5.0.0)...a quick test like this is seems to work.

After installing the SRS, how does the export.lua file looks like?

Mine:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

So the dofile thing should be preceded by more stuff? Sorry for my, mmm, technical? language. Lua scripting is chinesse for me.

Frequencies move crazy even when SRS is not opened. With other planes/helos it works as expected, but A-10C won't, even TACAN is changing constantly - not accurately.

Thank you for your great effort!!!!

Edit: Tested after comment the other 2 lines in export.lua (the Tackview and SRS ones), DCS openbeta v2.5.1, A-10C Instant Action mission. Same issue.

Edited by deuterio