UH-1H Heuy Guns in VR

PhoenixRising

Why would you want to do that???

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Never mind why he wants that, he wants it, and that should be enough. That's an awful unhelpful response.

But practically speaking, you're asking to fire the gun w/o any aiming capability. VR works differently than than a monitor. I guess you can use the tracers to walk the fire to the target.

Having said that, I *thought* there was a huey specific that enabled/disabled aiming with mouse. I'm away from the computer so I can't check it out.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But practically speaking, you're asking to fire the gun w/o any aiming capability. VR works differently than than a monitor. I guess you can use the tracers to walk the fire to the target.

No, not really. You would still see the aiming reticle, it just wouldn't follow your face, but the mouse movements instead. I would like to use it too, but it's convenient to just use your head to aim. And you can fly left seat and maneuver and aim at the same time, that's practical.

Never mind why he wants that, he wants it, and that should be enough. That's an awful unhelpful response.

+1

Win 10 Pro | i7 990x @ 4.5GHz | 32GB/1600MHz RAM | GTX 1080Ti | 1TB System SSD | 500GB DCS SSD | Saitek X55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke & Pedals | HTC Vive

Not at all, its unwise to not use head tracking in the rift. I cant miss with it, why would you want to not have that kind of advantage? Im sorry but thats ill informed.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Not at all, its unwise to not use head tracking in the rift. I cant miss with it, why would you want to not have that kind of advantage? Im sorry but thats ill informed.

It may be unwise, but op wants to do it anyway. That's what matters. It's ok to give him advice, but just question him doesn't really help. That's why I reacted.

I am with you,

I DO NOT want to aim with my head in VR.

i have started a thread back then asking if the mapping of the doorgun traverse be mapped to a Joystick.

Touch controls would be nice too.

I was hoping to build a custom doorgun joystick and through potenitmeters, map the pots to analog axis commands, and have a physical doorgun controller for use along with the VR headset.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

So I guess that the OP really didnt care about the fact that its a dumb idea? You spouting off your nonsense helped a bunch, didnt it. Heres sage advice for next time: when someone asks a question, and it is met with a question as to WHY you shouldnt, as a rule of thumb its a good idea to keep your stupid opinion to yourself if it doesnt help. Brilliant, right? How about that.

You seem a little agitated, did I step on a sore toe?

Why cant people just answer an inquiry or question with no sorry it cant or yes and heres how . Without going all DR. Phil on a person?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 5 months later...

I think what might be the issue for the op is that your head movement is locked to the position the way things are now...it does feel quite 'off' in VR.

I would be quite keen on the ability to decouple my head movement from the gun aiming mechanic. Both for the door gunners and co-pilot.

Although I can see the idea they went with...the artificially forced lateral and vertical movement while rotating your view, and locked forward-back inability to move feels quite unnatural in VR.

It would be very nice to have the option to free your head from these constraints, and be able to move and rotate your head freely while the weapon aiming is done via mouse or joystick.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio