Finally!!

Try landing on a stationary frigate first to get a feeling for the pad size and approach, then let the frigate cruise at slow speed and later on normal speed. It's tricky but just a matter of practice and constant training.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Took me forever but I was finally able to land at the sky view!

Good job! :thumbup:

I've tried the frigate a couple of times. no go as of yet. having trouble matching speed. Fun to try though!I have gotten pretty good at putting it down on a tanker though!

The default speed of ships is 20km/h(kph). I slow down to one side of the ship, trim until i match the speed and then slide over. First it's easier to slow down on the right side of the ship, because you sit in the left seat - you have the best view. Doing it from the other side is only a bit more difficult because of the worse view. For me the easiest ship to land on would be the Perry class frigate, she has a big Heli-Deck, the Moskva or the Ticonderoga are a bit more challanging imho because of the size/position of the heli pad.

Quick and dirty, sorry for the shaky view, i was flying with my Rift S and there it isn't nearly as shaky as in the recorded track file. But that was also my method flying with TrackIR, it's just easier now in VR.

(should be 1440p after YT processing)

Attached is the track file of that little flight, if you want to have a look. This is no tutorial, just quick and dirty.

One thing i noticed, i started on ground hot and as soon as i raised my collective a little my rpm dropped and i got the generator warnings. Strange, is this a hot ground start thing/bug? I don't get this normally with a cold start.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings