Why has the Yak had no updates

hazzer

Sorry, but "abandonware" is exactly what the DCS: Hawk is. :smartass:

Makes you think twice about buying modules that appear in the shop, without much news/hype leading up to the release..

I at least, am really missing the Hawk in 2.5.

I enjoy flying the yak around, it's a very fun plane...so overall I'm happy with it.

Me to, but like the Hawk it cost me $40, so I would kind of expect to see some updates/fixes.

Edited by m0j0NL

My skins: https://tiny.cc/m0j0NL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The stark reality is very clear I'm afraid......the module was released,money changed hands,bugs were reported,no bugs have been addressed,the dev responsible for this has yet to come forward to explain why the bugs have not been addressed,and lastly,come to think of it,no dev has even had the courtesy to reply !

I rest my case.

Conclusion... this module most definitely is abandoned.......what else would we, the customers draw from this situation,other than this conclusion ?

+1 Abandoned,prove otherwise......moving on.

Edited by Basco1
  • Like 3

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• ED Team

The Yak-52 is NOT abandoned. As most of us know, this wasnt a standard module as it was built for a private contract. Things like the DM were not important to the contract, but are planned for the DCS module. Things are reported, and as resources come available, we will see more work. ED does need to shuffle people around from time to time, and you will see a lag in fixes.

One more thing, SD does what he does on his own, its all volunteer. He is not a paid fanboy, he is a fan of DCS that loves to help organize and keep track of news and info.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, spinaker said:

3pu1kq.jpg

Wow.  3 years.  I just picked up the Yak about 2 months ago.  You guys have really been patient....I'm settling in for the wait right with you....also waiting for the AH-64D to drop...that'll take my mind off the Yak for a while 😁

• Like 1

Yes the DCS Yak 52 is now a meme for Eagle Dynamics abandonware. They don't have anything to say anymore, except the usual stuff about "when the devs have time" (which they won't, don't and haven't because they're put to work on profitable new modules naturally), the community managers clearly can't do anything and are in an awkward spot so just resort to locking the multitude of mocking complaints threads . We've been mugged off with this module and ED decision makers apparantly dont care because we all keep buying the new profitable modules regardless. This is one of the issues with a trust based deal like Early Access and there isn't anything the customer can do when the firm pulls a fast one with a module like this that remains incomplete and silly in parts 3.5 years after launch. Lesson learned. EA works, when ED cares to finish the job.

@NineLine Your last comment hasn't aged very well has it? Funny that. Would you please now explain the near 3 year year gap and lack of progress to your customers. It's time to stop the nonsense and give us a formal statement on the status of this module. Thanks

RDG

Edited by RaveyDaveyGravy
  • Like 5

• Like 8

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

No real mention of damage model there chaps though, is there?

Remember this?

On 3/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, NineLine said:

The Yak-52 is NOT abandoned. As most of us know, this wasnt a standard module as it was built for a private contract. Things like the DM were not important to the contract, but are planned for the DCS module. Things are reported, and as resources come available, we will see more work. ED does need to shuffle people around from time to time, and you will see a lag in fixes.

Either way its been 3.5 years and we want a finished product, not,

"The next step to improving the flight dynamics of DCS: Yak-52......"

What are we getting? Lets have a breakdown of this proposed update then? For the umpteenth time Sort your customer feedback out.

Seeing is believing and all that......

RDG

Edited by RaveyDaveyGravy
  • Thanks 1

It is what it is. Be happy it's not MSFS with pretty pictures only.

My only concern, and not really a gripe so much as a strong wish, GOOD flight dynamics so I can get GOOD aerobatics out of the Yak. When I first got the Christen Eagle, it performed as it should and a Lomcevak could be easily performed (if you knew how). Now, you cannot.

The ONLY reason I have piston aircraft is for the flight dynamics that is better to real life than MSFS which.... edited.

Three years ago:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

The Yak-52 is a very interesting module, but I'll keep waiting and see its progress before buying, since a step in 3 years is still too little for me.

I know it's off-topic as this is a question for Magnitude III and not ED, but why today you can't do lomcovak in the CEII anymore? Does the flight model go backwards instead of improving?

Edited by nessuno0505
  • Like 1

Nice to see the Yak getting some love, I hope it can get out of EA state soon.

As for the DM I wouldn't be too enthusiast seeing the development pace this module had.

I hope to get at least virtual damage model (if not visual), right now you can go with overheated engine for hours and hours and absolutely nothing happens, the systems are always working without any issue or failure. I expect some improvements there, that requires realistic engine management.

As example, the L-39 and C-101 modules have lots of possibilities in failures behaviour, I would love to see this kind of fun in the Yak.

• Like 2

The newsletter means nothing in my opinion. I lost track of all the features and stuff announced and hyped in newsletters by ED that are still not delivered or which only got started and then abandoned again.

You can start celebrating when it’s actually in the changelog. 

• Thanks 6