DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been using this profile for a while trying to learn it. A couple days ago I decided to upgrade my SSD as it was filling up. And of course I end up borking Windows 10. Well I got it up and running. I even ran the profile a couple times. But now that I get it all updated, the profile doesn't work anymore. I have redownloaded it, deleted it and everything. Not sure what is different.

I get the error;

Running script: d:\Users\derek_000\Downloads\Target DCS Profiles\DCS World.tmc

Compile Error: File not found: hid.tmh in Common/target.tmh at line 5

It doesn't seem to be creating this HID.tmh.

So I have been using this profile for a while trying to learn it. A couple days ago I decided to upgrade my SSD as it was filling up. And of course I end up borking Windows 10. Well I got it up and running. I even ran the profile a couple times. But now that I get it all updated, the profile doesn't work anymore. I have redownloaded it, deleted it and everything. Not sure what is different.

I get the error;

Running script: d:\Users\derek_000\Downloads\Target DCS Profiles\DCS World.tmc

Compile Error: File not found: hid.tmh in Common/target.tmh at line 5

It doesn't seem to be creating this HID.tmh.

hid.tmh is one of the headers that comes with the TARGET software, and should be located in the actual TARGET path (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts).

Try this: put 2 forward slashes in front of the line in dcs world.tmc that reads

[color=#1e90ff][b]include[/b][/color] [color=#a52a2a]"Common/target.tmh"[/color]    

and then add this line:

[color=#1e90ff][b]include[/b][/color] [color=#a52a2a]"target.tmh"[/color]

Please let me know if you still get the same error, or if the script editor can even find target.tmh.

Note: this isn't a fix or an ideal workaround, but just a step in troubleshooting the issue. I actually use a modified target.tmh that fixes some of the issues in the Thrustmaster version (which is why it is in the Common folder).

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

hid.tmh is one of the headers that comes with the TARGET software, and should be located in the actual TARGET path (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\scripts).

Ahhhh yes!!!!

Ok. Under Options->File Paths I added a path to that scripts folder.

I figured it was a path issue, but I wanted to make sure with that substitution before making a blanket statement. I'm glad you have it sorted out.

Now, be sure to delete or rem out the include "target.tmc" line you added to dcs world.tmc, and then re-enable the include "common/target.tmc" line. The target.tmc I include in Common is much better.

• 1 month later...

hey home fries awesome work on this. but im having an issue d'ling it from the box site any ideas thx

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Thanks, marcocom.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm getting pretty close to a beta release for a combined Cougar/Warthog profile. I'm going to wait until 1.5.x goes into release status because of a number of control changes (just to keep the configuration management simpler). Right now, I just need to put finishing touches on the Bf-109, add WH compatibility to the F-86, and then if time permits do a profile for the L-39. The L-39 won't hold up a beta release, though.

Once the L-39, M2000, and (hopefully) Gazelle are integrated into follow-up versions, I'll begin work on the 2.0 version of the profile. This will be built for integration from the bottom up, have support for both Cougar and Warthog together (if both HOTAS controllers are connected), separate the FC3 aircraft profile into separate profiles, and then I'm redoing the hotswap system (that switches between profiles) so that it can support up to 120 modules instead of the current maximum of 15.

Edited by Home Fries

All,

With the temporary issues downloading from Box.com, I have created a mirror for the profile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12227313/DCS%20World%20TARGET%20for%20Cougar%20v136.7z

This link is also in the first post of the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update for everybody:

I have just put finishing touches on the latest profile, which will be for both Cougar and Warthog. Now that DCS World 1.5 is out of beta, I will release this script to the public shortly in a beta state.

In addition to converting all module profiles to the Warthog, I have added the M-2000C module (for both Cougar and Warthog) to the script! Unfortunately, only the left MFD is populated with commands (due to the lack of keyboard/joystick mappings in the current M-2000C beta), but it is nevertheless functional and leaves a lot of room for growth.

Since it is a beta, there will be warts. Testing both Warthog and Cougar in multiple configurations across all modules is an undertaking for which I don't have enough time. Likewise, I intend to completely update the documentation to support both Cougar and Warthog, but I have been so far unable to complete this task. Therefore, I will be including the original Cougar manuals with a Warthog readme and some additional controller layouts in the JPG folder. It is my sincere hope that people who test this beta provide feedback on what works, what doesn't, and what I can do to improve the documentation. This project is growing significantly in scope, making it difficult for me to stay on top of everything.

I will follow up later next week, and barring any last minute complications, there will be a beta release. I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks Homefries. I'll have to dig up my hold Cougar Throttle. Those rotaries may come in handy! I'm busy building out a (physical) switch panel to get it working with RIFT. I'll try to install this soon and test it out on Huey and A10.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 4 weeks later...

Another status update: I just updated the combined Cougar/Warthog user reference today, so there's another task knocked out. I also made some big changes with the M2000C given the latest 1.5.2 update. That, as well as my day job, has taken quite a bit of time. I'm hoping to release the 1.50 beta next week sometime.

Another status update: I just updated the combined Cougar/Warthog user reference today, so there's another task knocked out. I also made some big changes with the M2000C given the latest 1.5.2 update. That, as well as my day job, has taken quite a bit of time. I'm hoping to release the 1.50 beta next week sometime.

Home First, the home page still refers to UPDATE: Version 1.36 is available.

Is that just verbiage that hasn't been updated?

Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 3 weeks later...

Home Fires,

Is it possible to get the files for the Dora, K-4, and Mustang? I would like to use them, but also would like to make some modifications so that my old eyes can see them better.

Thanks,

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Home Fries,

I should have said the MFD files.

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Badfinger,

I figured that's what you meant; no worries. I've been swamped with real life lately, but I'm working on some text only based inserts (primarily for people who are color blind) that should help your readability on the warbird inserts.

Badfinger,

I figured that's what you meant; no worries. I've been swamped with real life lately, but I'm working on some text only based inserts (primarily for people who are color blind) that should help your readability on the warbird inserts.

Home Fries,

That sounds good. Could you send me a PM when they are ready?

Real life always gets on the way. Doesn't it? :)

Thanks,

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

• 3 weeks later...
Home Fries,

How are you progressing on updating your outstanding project? :thumbup:

Thanks for asking, Mike.

My day job has me running around 6 days a week, but the build is stable and I haven't found any showstopper bugs. I spent some time yesterday finishing up the new manuals, and the only thing left is to update the section in the User Reference on the new F-86 controls.

Speaking of new manuals, I've gone from two manuals to three. The manuals are:

• Setup Guide
  • Advanced Configuration Guide
  • User Reference

This actually has the benefit of making things simpler, as this profile has grown significantly since I started. Bottom line: now you need only read the Setup Guide to set up the profile (it has all of the information you need, and comes to 15 pages with pictures and not counting appendices). Then you can read the User Reference to read up how the individual profiles work and see the mappings at the end. If you want to tweak the profile to your own needs (beyond the basics covered in the Setup Guide), the Advanced Configuration Guide covers every customizable parameter, as well as the appendices for setting up custom SnapViews, controller mappings, etc.

I have baselined the M2000C profile to the DCS 2.0.1 version of the M2000C, and I intend to tweak the FC3 profiles now that it appears that the kneeboard bugs may be fixed. Once I do that and finish the User Reference, I will release the script.

I also intend to make high contrast MFD inserts for folks who are colorblind, but given my current schedule I will not hold off on the release, but rather I will make these graphics a separate download that will be integrated into the 2.0 release that will follow.

I'm shooting for within the next two weeks, schedule permitting.