Tie down chains

Swift.

+1 for static aircraft

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

+1 for parked aircraft. Similar to the interaction you have with the ground crew for removing the wheel chocks - could have the tie downs be removed prior to startup procedure.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Cause you wanna have tie downs around the aircraft to be ingested during startup.

RBF Flags and most tie downs are removed long before startup.

they don't start them in a parking spot, they are towed to staging areas for weapons and fuel and then to a area to be inspected and started up.

They may chain aircraft in staging area.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Cause you wanna have tie downs around the aircraft to be ingested during startup.

RBF Flags and Tie downs are removed long before startup.

It’s in a wishlist bro, not a criticism list. People want them, because they are used IRL. Which is what it seems that ED has stated they are going for. And currently, that is the least of their (your) issues. So yeah, it would be a nice touch, working towards it. What is the difference in those and vehicles for the upcoming new carrier? Not much.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

they don't start them in a parking spot, they are towed to staging areas for weapons and fuel and then to a area to be inspected and started up.

Chains would still be cool for parked static aircraft

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I wonder, if tie down chains are removed as skatezilla said, then what are those chain like things that tie the plane down during engine startup in this video

I said they are tied down in staging area, but not all the time.... they may have changed procedures since 2005 when I was last on a ship (as a civilian).

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

There are four levels of tiedown on the ship. Initial, Intermediate, Permanent and Heavy Weather. Chocks and chains are mandatory any time an aircraft is on the ship. The only time they come off is during the short trip to and from the Catapults/Landing area or while the aircraft is being moved under tow. The aircraft can be started anywhere on the deck and will always be started with Initial tiedown. On the Hornet that means six chains for startup and shutdown. Intermediate tiedown is for aircraft on the flight schedule but not flying in the current event. On the Hornet that is nine chains. Permanent tiedown is for an aircraft not expected to fly during the schedule or while the carrier is not performing flight ops. On the Hornet that is 12 chains. Heavy Weather tiedowns, self explanatory really and on the Hornet is 18 plus chains depending on how many are available within the individual squadron at that time. All the chains are marked with the squadron identifier and/or color coded for easy identification

As for the remove before flight pins, on the Hornet the pins are pulled before startup but that is not the case for other aircraft.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

There are four levels of tiedown on the ship. Initial, Intermediate, Permanent and Heavy Weather. Chocks and chains are mandatory any time an aircraft is on the ship. The only time they come off is during the short trip to and from the Catapults/Landing area or while the aircraft is being moved under tow. The aircraft can be started anywhere on the deck and will always be started with Initial tiedown. On the Hornet that means six chains for startup and shutdown. Intermediate tiedown is for aircraft on the flight schedule but not flying in the current event. On the Hornet that is nine chains. Permanent tiedown is for an aircraft not expected to fly during the schedule or while the carrier is not performing flight ops. On the Hornet that is 12 chains. Heavy Weather tiedowns, self explanatory really and on the Hornet is 18 plus chains depending on how many are available within the individual squadron at that time. All the chains are marked with the squadron identifier and/or color coded for easy identification

As for the remove before flight pins, on the Hornet the pins are pulled before startup but that is not the case for other aircraft.

Fantastic information, thank you.

wasted pixels and frame rate hit. thumbs down

Well the new Carrier is going to be brutal, most likely, so get ready for the FPS hit.....

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

wasted pixels and frame rate hit. thumbs down

Oh Trev...

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.