DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

As for the 25, are you really interested in an interceptor that cannot pull more than 2.5g on a full load?

Yes it does mach 2.8 and shoots those big acrid missiles...but at who?

You will not get an teen fighter series with those and not even a hog.

Online PvP head-on deathmatch air-quake score is not the only criteria IMHO.

Why do we have fighters like MiG-15/19/21, F-86 and F-5, Mirage 2000, surely they aren't a match for F-14/15/16/18 either?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

Is the MiG23 MLA the next project for Razbam ?

Or just rumours ???

If you check the first post it’s been confirmed for a while. The main artist Over Stratos checks in hear occasionally and answers our questions. You can find many WIP pictures as well. Who knows what’s exactly next, RAZBAM has said they want their current slate complete before new releases, such as the Falklands project and F-15E

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Who knows what’s exactly next, RAZBAM has said they want their current slate complete before new releases, such as the Falklands project and F-15E

MIG 23 should be next.They have said so themselves(IIRC).

But as we know,here,in DCS,everything is subject to change.yawn.gif

Why do we have fighters like MiG-15/19/21, F-86 and F-5, Mirage 2000, surely they aren't a match for F-14/15/16/18 either?

Everything comes down to military intelligence,and quality of the pilots and tactics.

Take away AWACS and satellites from the picture,and F-15/16/18 would not have such an easy job.

Yes,MIG 15/19 and F-86 are hopelessly outclassed,but then again no one flies those birds anymore(maybe North Korea).

Planes and missiles that you don't see,are the ones that get you.

I am talking in general;I do know what you are trying to point out:

Couldn't agree more:thumbup:

Edited by Void78
Addendum and typos

I think there’s still a MiG-15UTI at the the test pilots school in Nevada. There’s pictures of it flying through Star Wars canyon occasionally. Just random fun fact. I’ve seen MiG-15s take down Hornets on MP, as long as you have competent GCI and the Hornet pilot makes a mistake it’s surprising what can happen

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

• 2 weeks later...

Stick to AIM-9M and AIM-7M for Hornet and Eagle (1990’s) and the Mirage 2000C will match :smilewink:

It’s like everyone forgot what it was like before Fox 3 era :D

This is up to mission designer to choose for a time era and adequate opposition.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

QFT

Cold War combat is more interesting anyway.

Not that I hate modern avionics, but older planes are more honest and the further back you go, the less guessing on weapons and avionics and radar secrets have to be made.

It's a bit like music. 60's, 70's, 80's rock, then it gets cheesy, bleepy and written by a computer.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Cold War combat is more interesting anyway.

I was just gonna post that, but I was gonna use the word "fun".

No Fox3's basically means you're gonna get 1 shot off with an Aim-7 or whatever right before the merge, and then... You actually have to dogfight! A horrible though for the spamraam crew I'm sure, but as it turns out its great fun! Even better if you only have rear aspect AAM's, ZOMG you have to "get behind" a bandit to kill him (and vice versa).

The biggest disappointment recently for me in DCS is the mysterious announcement that "something" else will come before the F4E. We really need more 60s and 70's cold war bluefor, the only things on the distant horizon are the F8J, Mirage F1, and the delayed again F4E.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's a bit like music. 60's, 70's, 80's rock, then it gets cheesy, bleepy and written by a computer.

How dare you?! 80s music is GLORIOUSLY cheesy! :P

I do agree though. Flinging AMRAAMs is occasionally fun and all, but definitely isn't as fun as fox1/rear aspect fox2 combat.

• Like 1

QFT

Not that I hate modern avionics, but older planes are more honest and the further back you go, the less guessing on weapons and avionics and radar secrets have to be made.

QFT icon_redface.gif

I do like the modern stuff (especially since the sensor stuff helps me overcome my Eyeball Mk Ib issues), but I still prefer classic things like the Tornado GR.1, EE Lightning, Century series, MiG-23 and alike - the ones that were in the airspace in the 60s thru 80s. They just have class and style. Just like the music back then dealwithit.png

The biggest disappointment recently for me in DCS is the mysterious announcement that "something" else will come before the F4E.

Where did you pick up that? I hope it's gonna be a 104 luna-trcv.png

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was just gonna post that, but I was gonna use the word "fun".

No Fox3's basically means you're gonna get 1 shot off with an Aim-7 or whatever right before the merge, and then... You actually have to dogfight! A horrible though for the spamraam crew I'm sure, but as it turns out its great fun! Even better if you only have rear aspect AAM's, ZOMG you have to "get behind" a bandit to kill him (and vice versa).

The biggest disappointment recently for me in DCS is the mysterious announcement that "something" else will come before the F4E. We really need more 60s and 70's cold war bluefor, the only things on the distant horizon are the F8J, Mirage F1, and the delayed again F4E.

100% agree... I'm really saddened that the DCS F-16 wont be able to fire AIM-7's for this very reason...

That one is Pierre Spreys fault:)

(I personally think his involvement is overstated, but maybe the “fighter mafia” was a much larger group then we think)

That will be one of the best things of the MLA. Even on the Cold War server, we would be running a quad tiered higher high low lower mix of MiGs. Great fun:)

QFT icon_redface.gif

Where did you pick up that? I hope it's gonna be a 104 luna-trcv.png

It was something wags said in a recent video at some point or maybe in one of the weekend updates. He said an "eagerly" anticipated module would hit before the F4E. My guess its a modernish mig29 or su27, some others though it might be an Eagle since wags likes word play. I hope its not just another boring blue uberfighter though.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

100% agree... I'm really saddened that the DCS F-16 wont be able to fire AIM-7's for this very reason...

I mean really in that time frame the F16 really couldn't. The 16A never had em aside from some euro MLU upgrades, and the early 16C's to my knoweldge didn't either since they were just waiting for the AAMRAM. I'd love to see an early F16A in game though, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure you could nerf our block 50 enough to fit on a cold war server though. A/A maybe, you just leave it with 9M/L's. AG wise you'd have to leave it with dumb bombs, and maybe GBU's without the Tpod. Get you some iron eagle! The radar and JHMC's and datalink etc would still give it major advantages over the 80's era F16's though. Unless you can disable specific systems in server settings.

I mean really in that time frame the F16 really couldn't. The 16A never had em aside from some euro MLU upgrades, and the early 16C's to my knoweldge didn't either since they were just waiting for the AAMRAM. I'd love to see an early F16A in game though, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure you could nerf our block 50 enough to fit on a cold war server though. A/A maybe, you just leave it with 9M/L's. AG wise you'd have to leave it with dumb bombs, and maybe GBU's without the Tpod. Get you some iron eagle! The radar and JHMC's and datalink etc would still give it major advantages over the 80's era F16's though. Unless you can disable specific systems in server settings.

F-16A Block 15 "ADF" :smilewink:

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article14.html

ajw.jpg

That would be fun !

This one even carry both AIM-7 and AIM-120 !

post-8064-0-15158700-1392465603.jpeg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Even better if you only have rear aspect AAM's, ZOMG you have to "get behind" a bandit to kill him (and vice versa).

Even with the oldest missiles in DCS, I don't find that at all the case.

That is why I think missiles are completely broken in DCS as one can use those oldest missiles almost from any angle. Only check that the missile has enough range to start turning and you get hits in head-on, sideways, above and below etc.

All the missiles seekers are perfect to find targets, track targets and perfectly steady.

Like look at the training pods. There ain't any gimbal limits, no shaking, no sleeving jittery etc that you see in the real videos, where steady flying aircraft needs to correct the aiming and keep it in target etc.

I was just yesterday as a "fireball" coming down in Hornet. In a nice flat spin with random oscillation. And the Targeting pod was just perfectly aiming the Tunguska that shot me down, the aircraft performed maybe a 270 degree per second and to avoid getting sea sick in VR, it is better to concentrate to something steady, and that TGP video is such.

Same thing is in F-16C etc. All the targeting pods are just perfect.

What comes to missiles seekers, they are likely as well perfect. The seeker finds the target right away when going active, like there ain't any search pattern to perform and trying to validate what would be correct target. And yet with so tiny FOV the missiles has, they perfectly know in the instance that where the target is flying at, while the missile itself should be waving around like a sidewinder, really never flying so straight at first.

That is something that for me, takes away in the "cold war" immersion how effective the missiles are from all eras.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It was something wags said in a recent video at some point or maybe in one of the weekend updates. He said an "eagerly" anticipated module would hit before the F4E. My guess its a modernish mig29 or su27, some others though it might be an Eagle since wags likes word play. I hope its not just another boring blue uberfighter though.

Pretty sure it's the Mi-24

Pretty sure it's the Mi-24

No, thats been on the roadmap. But maybe thats all he meant too. I gotta get another pigeon open so I can read the entrails... :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if you interested in my MiG 23, but as I presented an early access version of my free-to-watch model of this astonishing fighter jet, I think should post some wip-pictures of the upcoming final release version.

I fixed a bug at the wing box (Compare to pictures on page 86), added a pilot from an upcoming project in development (Vought A7, wich will be a less dynamic airfield standing gear down module err model) and moved the swing wings manually to the 16° position.

Sorry I really cant wait :) Plz Razbam do something, i am going crazy

Mig23WingboxWIP.thumb.jpg.9672b655b65f6bc3b96d2947be6592a7.jpg

Mig23withA7pilot.thumb.jpg.2f8ca2ebe3b10bdc60eac64fde630bce.jpg

Mig23-16degtotal.thumb.jpg.de30165627ebdb0708220ccd6274afba.jpg

The MiG-25 is a pretty iconic bird, I guess. Might as well ask yourself why people go completely bananas over the F-16.

Its easy... Its because the F16 is a mass produced, widely exported, successful, and widely renowned lightweight multirole fighter, not just a 1 trick pony for intercepting bombers.

Its somewhat an analogy too why fewer people are going to desire an F102 over an F4.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD