Radar Difficult to lock Targets

flameoutme

I don't mean to bump this thread, but I need confirmation - is it just me? It used to be easy to lock targets, the other day I ran a campaign mission and although I could see radar returns I could not lock a one. I tried the ACM modes same thing. In my own home made mission I can. I think I am going crazy... help

I don't mean to bump this thread, but I need confirmation - is it just me? It used to be easy to lock targets, the other day I ran a campaign mission and although I could see radar returns I could not lock a one. I tried the ACM modes same thing. In my own home made mission I can. I think I am going crazy... help

It's difficult to know what you are doing without more details.

What is the range ?

Is it jamming ?

Overall, I'm not happy with the current radar either. I'll post some bug reports soon.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Well, here's the crazy thing - I went back to the campaign mission - in the same location I was unable to lock. Before that fine. This time, I decided just to punch through and after about 5-10 mins of the radar showing returns but no lock, the trigger in the mission said ok, time to move on to the next part of the mission, and then it worked fine for the rest of the mission. So go figure.

Cant say I have experienced that. I have no problems finding, TWS and STT lock targets, and keeping them there, and have successful engagements. Thats anything between MiG-21/F-5E/F-16 sized to Tu-95 Bear size and all aspects, speed ranges and altitudes. Combat modes included (I use boresight and vertical scan <- mostly this).

This is latest Open Beta and in singleplayer, custom missions, and B-Scope should that make a difference.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 3 weeks later...
Same here. I feel like it is harder to lock targets. Even to spot targets on radar.

Second that! Almost impossible to get and lock contacts in BVR after the update. Wheras ACM Boreside locks even well outside the circle !?

And the modul was no more listed in the main menue despite the files still in place. I had to delete and reinstall. Never happend to me before with a module. Maybe something got screwd up during the latest distribution. Its still one of my favorites. :joystick:

Marcel

Second that! Almost impossible to get and lock contacts in BVR after the update. Wheras ACM Boreside locks even well outside the circle !?

And the modul was no more listed in the main menue despite the files still in place. I had to delete and reinstall. Never happend to me before with a module. Maybe something got screwd up during the latest distribution. Its still one of my favorites. :joystick:

Marcel

See here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4157239&postcount=22

However, when I have a contact on VTB, it isn't especially more difficult to lock.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi