[REPORTED]Engine still runs with throttle in the stop position

hazzer

As the title says, you can put the throttle in the stop position and it will fire every few seconds and not shut down.

Try post track from it it will be easier to check it out. On my end i have no problems shuting down this bird. I've flown it today for quite time.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

In order to stop the engine the throttle must be set to the "AUS" position. There are several ways to do that:

1. Move the throttle as far back as you can and push RAlt + End on your keyboard. (the flight manual says "LAlt+End" but that's wrong.)

Similarly, when you do a cold start, yyou have to use the command "RAlt+Home" to move the throtlle from OFF to Start.

2. Bind a pushbutton to the command "Throttle to IDLE". The naming of the command is misleading. It really moves the throttle to AUS (=OFF). To stop the engine, move the throttle as far back as you can and push that button.

3. My solution:

I use the TM Warthog throttle which has a switch in each of the throttle levers. That switch closes contact when you pull the throttle over the "hump" to the OFF position. I have created a custom command by adding this line to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua":

{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},

and I have bound the throttle lever switch (JOY_BTN9) to that command. This solution handles both IDLE to OFF and OFF to IDLE in a natural manner.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

In order to stop the engine the throttle must be set to the "AUS" position. There are several ways to do that:

1. Move the throttle as far back as you can and push RAlt + End on your keyboard. (the flight manual says "LAlt+End" but that's wrong.)

Similarly, when you do a cold start, yyou have to use the command "RAlt+Home" to move the throtlle from OFF to Start.

2. Bind a pushbutton to the command "Throttle to IDLE". The naming of the command is misleading. It really moves the throttle to AUS (=OFF). To stop the engine, move the throttle as far back as you can and push that button.

3. My solution:

I use the TM Warthog throttle which has a switch in each of the throttle levers. That switch closes contact when you pull the throttle over the "hump" to the OFF position. I have created a custom command by adding this line to the file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua":

{down = iCommandLeftEngineStop, up = iCommandLeftEngineStart, name = _('Throttle 2-Pos. OFF/IDLE'), category = _('Engine Control')},

and I have bound the throttle lever switch (JOY_BTN9) to that command. This solution handles both IDLE to OFF and OFF to IDLE in a natural manner.

YES and as I have stated when I have done that the engine carries on running. The only way to stop it is to shut the fuel off or mags.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

YES and as I have stated when I have done that the engine carries on running. The only way to stop it is to shut the fuel off or mags.

That's weird! We all had that issue some time ago but it was fixed several updates ago. I suppose you have updated to the latest version in Open Beta? Maybe some file didn't update correctly, a repair might help.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

That's weird! We all had that issue some time ago but it was fixed several updates ago. I suppose you have updated to the latest version in Open Beta? Maybe some file didn't update correctly, a repair might help.

Using the latest version and have repaired this many times. The problem has always existed.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Here is the track.

Thanks, I can see it in your track, but I am unable to reproduce.

Ralt+End for Idle and it stops for me, could it be an axis issue?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When I put the throttle in that position it is locked so cannot move.

I did also try it in another mission and the engine shutdown. As you can see that track is from multiplayer.

Maybe attempt it in there?

I tried it on the aerobatics online Open beta server. Perhaps it is an issue relating to that?

When I put the throttle in that position it is locked so cannot move.

I did also try it in another mission and the engine shutdown. As you can see that track is from multiplayer.

Maybe attempt it in there?

I tried it on the aerobatics online Open beta server. Perhaps it is an issue relating to that?

I will add that on aerobatic server i have no problems shutting down A8

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I will add that on aerobatic server i have no problems shooting down A8

So looking at my track why isn't mine shutting down as it should?

Yes of course. Run repair, no mods. Like I say when I tried shutting down when I placed the aircraft in the ME it shut down fine.

Did you fly the aircraft or anything before trying it? Wondering if you didn't if it was temp related.

Are you warming up engine properly in fw190 before t/o maby it is something do with engine damage, maby soem bug.

Try warming up engine to 45C oil temp it will take a while :)

Are you warming up engine properly in fw190 before t/o maby it is something do with engine damage, maby soem bug.

Try warming up engine to 45C oil temp it will take a while :)

Yeah I took it for a flight after warming it up and it still does it. Maybe related but the P51 also doesn't instantly shut down and tries to keep firing when the mixture is put to cut off?

Yeah I took it for a flight after warming it up and it still does it. Maybe related but the P51 also doesn't instantly shut down and tries to keep firing when the mixture is put to cut off?

That is the same on my end p-51 and spit act the same, sometime they go off instantly and sometime they enter strange loop at around 200-300 rpm sometimes rpm jump again once and sometimes it can loop 3 -4 times before engine finally stops. I can bet that this is has something to do with start up logic because the same happening while starting up when you don't move mixture to run.

I already posted this issue couple of times but with no response. Another weird thing is how long it takes engine to slow down, It can be seen that engines from war birds stops much faster here in dcs they are spining and spining

Edited by grafspee

That is the same on my end p-51 and spit act the same, sometime they go off instantly and sometime they enter strange loop at around 200-300 rpm sometimes rpm jump again once and sometimes it can loop 3 -4 times before engine finally stops. I can bet that this is has something to do with start up logic because the same happening while starting up when you don't move mixture to run.

I already posted this issue couple of times but with no response. Another weird thing is how long it takes engine to slow down, It can be seen that engines from war birds stops much faster here in dcs they are spining and spining

Yeah so it seems like a similar issue. When you hit mixture cut off/throttle cut off the engine should stop firing pretty much immediately. Not try to keep alive at 100/200 rpm. When mixture is cut off fuel is no longer entering the engine so it should die.

Yeah so it seems like a similar issue. When you hit mixture cut off/throttle cut off the engine should stop firing pretty much immediately. Not try to keep alive at 100/200 rpm. When mixture is cut off fuel is no longer entering the engine so it should die.

Actually once you hit mixture/throttle cut off engine can keep firing but after a while engine should burn off any surplus fuel in fuel system and stop and not magically coming back to life at low end of rpm.

Ive never seen something like this in p-51 or spitfire it is always quick engine stop. When something is damaged in fuel system shuting down engine by mixture cut off may be impossible but we cant assume that in dcs fuel system is broken

Edited by grafspee

Actually once you hit mixture/throttle cut off engine can keep firing but after a while engine should burn off any surplus fuel in fuel system and stop and not magically coming back to life at low end of rpm.

Ive never seen something like this in p-51 or spitfire it is always quick engine stop. When something is damaged in fuel system shuting down engine by mixture cut off may be impossible but we cant assume that in dcs fuel system is broken

Yes that's what I'm saying once it stops it shouldn't magically find fuel to fire again. And yet it does. I'm not the only person who has this so it isn't a problem my end.

I have the same issue, engine will not stop until i set mags to "0" position.

"Throttle to IDLE" can't stop engine, it remains still slowly running.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• ED Team

I am not sure why it is happening in your track to be honest.

I have tried to reproduce, tried different temperatures and tried in the aerobatic server also, but all seems fine to me.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am not sure why it is happening in your track to be honest.

I have tried to reproduce, tried different temperatures and tried in the aerobatic server also, but all seems fine to me.

Anything else I can try?

I will try reproduce it too when i got back home :) but so far i have no problem turning off engine via throttle

Edited by grafspee