Still not sure about the modules and DCS versions.

Worrazen

While the versions a module requires on the shop has been changed and improved over the years, I'm still not sure.

At the bottom of each module it says "if it doesn't say anything then only 2.5 is required" but some modules like Mig-21Bis have at the top "Requires 1.5 or above", doesn't that include almost all the versions then, that are provided right now, so wouldn't that mean there's no sense having that message at all.

Firstly, some of my confusion came from the word "required" on it's own, because when it's paired with "or above" would means that the first version it mentioned wouldn't be required anymore? So it feels like that it's creating a hard requirement with a strong term and then negating it right afterward with a less stronger term.

Secondly, the term "or above" is a bit vague, does it really mean up to 2.5? Or it's suppose to mean 1.5.1 or 1.5.2, only for the little patches? So that creates uncertainty in the mind, because it's not actually spelled out what is the max versions is, yes technically is all right, but the effect it has on the understanding to a person that's not 100% perfectly paying attention.

Thirdly, some modules like Normandy Map + WW2 Assets, say "requires 2.0 or above" but the bottom text says "if it doesn't say anything then you only need 2.1" ... probably just not updated there.

Maybe it's something only I had a problem with, probably because english isn't my native language, but considering there's a lot of people like that around here maybe other's also experienced this, and just kept figuring it out so they didn't mention it afterward.

So I was thinking that Mig-21 Bis was only possible on 1.5 all this time ...:doh:

Maybe it's also confusing for the maintainers, so I'm suggesting maybe this whole thing "if it doesn't say anything then use XYZ" and the "Required YZY or above" could be replaced by one version-info box which would always be present without having to be colored in red like a special message and contain the "Minimum supported DCS version:" number and the "Maximum supported DCS version:" with the beta/release labels and some extra info if necessary, maybe that would be more obvious from the first look, because I think when new people look at the shop page for the first time that red message with term "requires X" is very strong and it kinda get's stuck in memory, ofcourse it's then our fault for not clearly reading and taking more time, which I did as much as I could but still it can be tricky.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Hi Wader8

I will mention the wording on the site to the team.

All modules will work with the latest version of DCSWorld.

When new modules come out they always work from the version number they were released at. I.E not backwards compatible.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2