DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Question, will BST be working on this plane now as well?
Dunno but I would like a 'Yoyo's ultimate Flight Model'™ no matter who signs the module, ED, BST, or both.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I'm reading "Wolfpack Warriors: The Story of WWII's Most Successful Fighter Outfit" by Roger Freeman, getting all knowledged up on Jug ops in anticipation of the release of this plane. I'll probably reread "Hell Hawks" by Robert Dorr and Thomas David Jones.

Hell Hawks was a slow starter but turned out to be a fantastic book, and Wolfpack Warriors has been a really nice read so far, I have very little of it left to finish.

• 2 weeks later...
I've already paid for it and the wait is killing me! But I know that once it falls out of the ethernet, it will have been well worth the wait and all will be right with the world. :thumbup:

yer too old to fly the Jug......... too much power, would be stressful on the ticker.............:music_whistling:

Cheers old man

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

Some people picked it as part of their Kickstarter package way back when.

yep, a long time ago............. I won't buy anything else until the P-47 and Me-262 are delivered. I just don't feel good rewarding a company by buying new products from them when they can't deliver on what I already paid for.

Brings to mind the meme's where the skeleton is sitting at the computer and it says "Just sitting here waiting on DCS to deliver my Jug and Swalbe"

Cheers

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

… I just don't feel good rewarding a company by buying new products from them when they can't deliver on what I already paid for. …
If just ED were the company which promised something they couldn't deliver… :music_whistling:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I won't buy anything else until the P-47 and Me-262 are delivered. I just don't feel good rewarding a company by buying new products from them when they can't deliver on what I already paid for.

If you backed the kickstarter you might remember that it wasn't ED that offered it. They picked up the project and are making good on all of the content that was promised by someone else.

Yes, it's taking a long time. DCS modules always took a long time to develop due to their complexity.

I don't know how much you invested in the kickstarter, but chances are you got much more than your money's worth already.

By backing the kickstarter I got roughly three times the content I paid for.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• ED Team
yep, a long time ago............. I won't buy anything else until the P-47 and Me-262 are delivered. I just don't feel good rewarding a company by buying new products from them when they can't deliver on what I already paid for.

Brings to mind the meme's where the skeleton is sitting at the computer and it says "Just sitting here waiting on DCS to deliver my Jug and Swalbe"

Cheers

Hoss

Its s a tough situation all the way around, the P-47 was a great choice on paper, but not knowing what ED needs to model it, and finding out later that most of the records for this aircraft were destroyed is tough. They are still working on it, but by ways they haven't done before, so I expected delays.

The 262 is still in active research mode, a lot of stuff being looked at, but with most archives its all snail based mail and scanning of microfiche. We have found a lot of good info on the 262, which isn't surprising, so I expect when it does come it will be an incredible simulation of this aircraft.

A lot of other cool stuff come too, just takes time, but I understand the frustration from the KS, even after all this time.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Its s a tough situation all the way around, the P-47 was a great choice on paper, but not knowing what ED needs to model it, and finding out later that most of the records for this aircraft were destroyed is tough. They are still working on it, but by ways they haven't done before, so I expected delays.

The 262 is still in active research mode, a lot of stuff being looked at, but with most archives its all snail based mail and scanning of microfiche. We have found a lot of good info on the 262, which isn't surprising, so I expect when it does come it will be an incredible simulation of this aircraft.

A lot of other cool stuff come too, just takes time, but I understand the frustration from the KS, even after all this time.

Has ED contacted the Messerschmidt Museum in southern Germany about the Me-262? They have a flying rebuild, which IIRC they purchased from the builder in the US.

In Germany bureaucracy is written with a capital 'B' (actually, all nouns are written with capital letters in German :doh: ) so they must have had to submit an ass-load of documents to some authorities to get authorization to fly their bird. Maybe they would be willing to share some info you might need.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
Has ED contacted the Messerschmidt Museum in southern Germany about the Me-262? They have a flying rebuild, which IIRC they purchased from the builder in the US.

In Germany bureaucracy is written with a capital 'B' (actually, all nouns are written with capital letters in German :doh: ) so they must have had to submit an ass-load of documents to some authorities to get authorization to fly their bird. Maybe they would be willing to share some info you might need.

The biggest issue for ED aircraft is testing documentation, such as wind tunnel and other such development reports, for the 262, there seems to be ample, but I am sure at some point they will want pilot input, both original pilots, if they can find any, and current fliers.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The biggest issue for ED aircraft is testing documentation, such as wind tunnel and other such development reports, for the 262, there seems to be ample, but I am sure at some point they will want pilot input, both original pilots, if they can find any, and current fliers.

I was actually thinking of technical documents, but of course hearing the experience of a pilot who actually flies the machine might be useful as well.

In Germany every kind of machinery operated by and around people--and that includes all vehicles - rolling and flying--have to a "Zulassung" (authorization). This generally means the TÜV (Technischer ÜntersuchungsVerein - Technical Investigations Association) has to approve their design, if it meets legal standards of safety.

I have no idea what is this includes for aircraft, but I would imagine it would include flight properties, because building an aircraft, which is A1 in machine and electrical standards, might be dangerous in aeronautic standards. So I was thinking, the Messerschmidt Museum must have submitted an whole lot of papers to the TÜV to get their ME-262 approved for flight.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team

The building of a replica is the same case as you build a new plane during mass production. Using the original drawings, authentic materials and proper technologies. So, there is no need to use WT tests materials - if you do all in right way, the plane will fly not worse than its sisterplane many years ago. WT is very useful before the exact forms of a plane are plotted on the paper as a working drawings.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I know what you mean Yo-Yo, but Germany has, as I said, a huge bureaucracy. Just because the aircraft flew in the war, doesn't mean it would be authorized to fly today - sight unseen.

Anyway, it was just an idea. You might keep it in mind if the ME-262 project runs into a snag with documentation etc.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been flying DCS titles for years, this is probably my 10th post. I also would like to get some news on the P-47 or ME also. However, as mentioned earlier, these aircraft were taken over from an offshoot of 1C (if I remember correctly), and I am grateful DCS has decided to see these aircraft to completion. I too was an original backer . . . just glad that DCS is taking their time to model these air frames faithfully.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Have been flying DCS titles for years, this is probably my 10th post. I also would like to get some news on the P-47 or ME also. However, as mentioned earlier, these aircraft were taken over from an offshoot of 1C (if I remember correctly), and I am grateful DCS has decided to see these aircraft to completion. I too was an original backer . . . just glad that DCS is taking their time to model these air frames faithfully.

:thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Definitely! Was an original backer as well, and put down my free choice of AC as the P-47. Hope to see it later. BUT what I'd pay big money for as a dedicated groundpounder would be the Havoc or the Widowmaker though... or the Mosquito in a pinch too it has to be said :D

Anyway, bring them on. My credit card has been standing at attention for awhile already ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I know we are quite a way off getting the beautiful P47 and I am more than happy to wait for my favourite ww2 plane. but could we please see a couple of WIP pics in the weekend news to feed my addiction :):) Thank you

I know we are quite a way off getting the beautiful P47 and I am more than happy to wait for my favourite ww2 plane. but could we please see a couple of WIP pics in the weekend news to feed my addiction :):) Thank you

I second that. Just a small sign of life, please :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I too would love to see the P-47D as soon as possible, although I know that it has been delayed due to technical challenges and unforeseen issues.

However, I noted that this was posted on 02-Aug-2018.

... We have now made some headway on the P-47, I expect that to start making news soon, ...

Excellent! :D

Of course "soon" is a bit vague, but we know that there has been a completely new simulation built for radial engines. The Yak52 is the first to get this and that has just been released (with very positive community feedback). I would hope that this new radial engine sim will find its way into the P-47D. We just have to wait and see. ;)