Can the Persian Gulf scenery be used in 2.5

pawea

Just purchased the harrier and persian gulf despite stating on the product page it requires 2.5 no mention of the beta required, the module is not showing up in the stable 2.5....i had to download the beta for it to show up and then its unplayable due to micro stutters on a killer machine,I7 8700K 32GB RAM,SSD.s AND AN nVIDIA 1080.....2.5 RUNS GREAT MAXED OUT....

Am i doing something wrong as to why the persian gulf isnt showing in 2,5 ?

Just found out on another post you can't use the persian gulf scenery in 2.5 despite the product page mentioning ZERO about betas or 2.5.2......peeed off now wasted 50 dollars for an unusable product........

Just purchased the harrier and persian gulf despite stating on the product page it requires 2.5 no mention of the beta required, the module is not showing up in the stable 2.5....i had to download the beta for it to show up and then its unplayable due to micro stutters on a killer machine,I7 8700K 32GB RAM,SSD.s AND AN nVIDIA 1080.....2.5 RUNS GREAT MAXED OUT....

2.5OB is working fine in the Gulf for me and many others. Only stutters are in MP when a new player joins a fresh jet. Are you sure DCS is on an SSD?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Sorry mate, but Open Beta 2.5.2 is still 2.5. Right, it might be probably better explained you were purchasing an early access in both cases (wasn't that stated when you did?) and what that means with regards to how DCS works. On the other hand, that's very well known (for veterans here, fine) and can be asked here in the forums or even just realised by just reading these forums. Anyway, ED Open Betas works fine usually and there are zero problem in using them for the most part of the time. You can easily switch between stable and OB installs anytime, so I see no problem. Still don't want to use the Beta? I have some friends like that, well wait till patch make it to the stable release, it won't be very long.

Regarding your performance problem, please look around the many posts speaking of that and asking for advice. I can't help with that since my rig is older than that beast of yours but I have no stutters (a few in new Hornet maybe) to make it unplayable. My FPS count is lower but stable enough to play it all, PG included which features better FPS than previous maps, so all that people with the latest PCs having problems is a bit weird. It maybe related to proper graphic drivers not yet released for instance.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

This should be no surprise as this is the way ALL new releases work in DCS (except for the Spitfire MK IX). New maps and modules are always released to the Open Beta first for testing and then one or two weeks later after any major bugs are found, the release version is updated and the new module or map is also released on the release version. There is now concrete rule on how long this takes, it is dependent on what bugs they find and how bad they are.