Mission 13 script not firing

schurem

Hey BalticBro,

I been banging my head against mission 13 (the one after the "whoa wtf is happening OMG!!" one) where you have to sanitize a target area in a valley for some choppers bringing in special forces. You get two wingmen and they have to anchor at two different points. It's a hard mission, and that's cool. The AI being utterly inept being a factor in that is less cool, but whaddayagonnado, right?

Now the scripts not working, as in sometimes the wingmen never start their script, sometimes Overlord never does his thing, those are perhaps fixable. Could it be that the trigger zones are tight? Or are the time windows where you can press space shorter than before? why is it breaking?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

I'm stuck on this one for the similar issues.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hey guys, I tested the mission a few moments ago - and the scripts worked fine. Let me know where it stops working for you, guess you might be doing something wrong with the wingmen going on station?

I still admit it is a difficult one, even with wingmen doing what they should I still failed as I didn't destroy one tank...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Allright I had two times where the script didnt work. (and two where I got shot down, but most of the scripts did work)

The first time, two never spoke after takeoff. He did answer the pre-takeoff briefing thing but after that just went silent. I had set radios correctly. (by mission 13 in one of your campaigns, you know those things by heart :D)

The second time, the script also didnt fire (as in: no underway talking), but once I flew over a waypoint one of the wingos anchored and overlord spoke for a bit. Sadly once I had annihilated everything in the target area except the L-shaped building the helo was going to land on, nothing happened. No helo ever showed up.

So. Broken sometimes, not always. What a B. to test. I suspect a trigger zone at the start of the mission is narrowish. IE you dont fly the flight plan exactly by the numbers, script breaks.

OK. As I've said, I did play it yesterday and all worked well... and you are expected to follow the flight plan to the letter - after all this is military ;)

Cool thing I noticed is that the helo door gunners will now engage the infantry, increasing the chance of survival!

Good luck, keep me posted how it goes!

I'll give it another go then once I've seen it pop on by in the changelog, and I'll fly the flightplan exactly to the knot and to the foot. Thanks for looking into this maestro :)

I tried again and flew as close to the plan as I could. After takeoff, nothing. I opened the mission in the editor to see if I could fix it, but I could not see how it works, let alone see where its broken or what it is that breaks it.

Edited by schurem

Ooh it showed in the patch notes, giving it another shot tonight :D

shortly after takeoff I got a prompt to press space to do the inflight brief. That did not happen before. The entire mission script worked as advertized, though both two and three managed to crash into the mountains during the long overwatch. The lack of banter on the way home must have had something to do with that ;-)

Anyway, I made it! on to M14 :D

Edited by schurem

No good for me after latest update. I get the message to send my wingmen to their respective IPs, It says press space bar to remove this message. After I do that I never get prompted nor given a special radio command to send 2 or 3 to their respective IPs. The script doesn't advance and after killing everything in site the mission just never advances.

I selected the waypoint (sierra) then told two to navigate to stearpoint. Selected Whiskey and did same for element. That worked. After a while they reported in and the scenario continued.

As schurem says - you have to get the wingmen to the stations which you choose (depending who goes where you will get different calls for enemy units). Hope this helps!

ah ok, so no special f10 radio command then. That was my mistake, I kept waiting for a special prompt to send them. I guess you have to select the turnpoint and then order wingman using normal wingman commands?

• 2 months later...

Seems that the issue is back, upon reaching IP Delta the message to send your wingmen doesn't trigger and Uzi won't take off. Sending your wingmen to the necessary waypoints doesn't progress the mission. Also there is no message to do in flight brief.

E: Alright, I figured it out by watching Youtube video of the mission. I was climbing too fast going from WP1 to IP Delta and missed the trigger to do in-flight briefing. If you use the autopilot path function and set your plane directly on course to the waypoint marker on the hud you will miss the mission trigger.

Edited by sam_

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys, I might have some advise, but no guarantee. I've tried this mission for about 20 times, failing first at the beginning, then progressing, but just with babysteps, until it turned out you can't kill MANPAD being too close to the TGT building (if you can ever discover it at all) without blowing up the building itself too. First I failed with sending the wingmen to the proper waypoints. I found out (after failing, and re-reading the briefing 3 more times, where I found the magic sentence that helped me out), that unless you (#1) taking Whiskey, the mission will not progress. At least it didn't for me, then it did, when I took Whiskey next time. I dunno if I'm right, but you can try.

Unless of course BD corrects my conclusion... :smilewink:

Edited by Razor18

The MANPAD issue is now corrected and should be working. I also added extra safeguard for the first briefing and enlarged the zone (this will be out in next update) - my advice is to follow the flight plan to the letter (in all missions). Sending wingmen should work, you just need to wait for them to get to specific waypoints. Hope this helps!

P.S. After last update I got several people reporting that their issues are fixed and the mission can be completed, so I assume it is doable now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi baltic_dragon. First of all thanks for the great campaign!

I do have problems with triggers in Mission 13 in recent OB (2.5.6.45915). I tried it several times, message from Overlord was played very late for me - only when I was destroying anti-air assets at waypoint Papa and after most of the enemy's AAA around waypoint Uniform had been destroyed. The message ends with confirmation from Overlord that tank is a valid secondary target. Then nothing happens (no F10 menu etc). I flew over all waypoints (including Whiskey), sent wingmans to their waiting points (Sierra, Echo) as fragged. I even tried to fly lower between WP1 -WP2 - WP3 after reading this thread with no effect. All visible enemy units (including manpads, excluding other infantry) at waypoints Uniform and Papa were destroyed. Had to land at Kobuleti eventually to proceed. I have trackfile (which is about 30mb, so I can't attach it here, moreover I'm not sure it matches), mission debrief and tacview file.

Tacview-20200415-005706-DCS-TEW3 M13 FINAL.zip

enemy_within3_m13.log.txt

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker