Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental) - Page 121 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 01:55 PM   #1201
stuartaston

so i have to be clear I'm using the IC version here the link is in the notes on the video... that is IC compliant on the latest beta patch. I removed the water.fx file (before you apply the patch) then you get the new water graphics.

If you want to build your own IC compliant version from Kegetys, you need to use something like OvGME or JGSME to apply the MOD, then having applied it .. go into game and go to multiplayer, look at the list of files that it says you are breaking the IC with, not them down. Then unapply the mod , then edit the mod directory and delete those files, then reapply the mod ... and it should all work

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings FPS Bump in VR Shaders MOD for VR Making an IC compliant version of the Shaders MOD
stuartaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #1202
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartaston View Post
670, thats why the perf is so marginal IMO the mask needs to be so big to avoid the "ring" witthe O+ Vive and Rift-S its much higher
So, I tried the mod again, and better experience putting back in the water effects. Sun is still horrible though. Not sure about any performance boost, but I'll try again tomorrow.

I am using 520 as mask. Interesting how that is so much smaller than your value. What could be the reason? Head shape?
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · 2 x Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #1203
stuartaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
So, I tried the mod again, and better experience putting back in the water effects. Sun is still horrible though. Not sure about any performance boost, but I'll try again tomorrow.

I am using 520 as mask. Interesting how that is so much smaller than your value. What could be the reason? Head shape?
i just tried 520 and i get a very nasty distortion around the edge ... quite horrible... i have quite a wide ipd 68.5 i wonder if that could be causing the distortion issue for me?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings FPS Bump in VR Shaders MOD for VR Making an IC compliant version of the Shaders MOD

Last edited by stuartaston; 03-25-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #1204
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartaston View Post
i just tried 520 and i get a very nasty distortion around the edge ... quite horrible... i have quite a wide ipd 68.5 i wonder if that could be causing the distortion issue for me?
Hmm, interesting isn’t it? I wonder what is making the difference between us.
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · 2 x Virpil WarBRD base · HP Reverb Pro
Old 03-25-2020, 08:04 PM   #1205
stuartaston

no idea, too many variables face shape, ipd , peripheral vision ...whatever works

Old 03-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #1206
Dav IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
It's like all hardware decisions really, depends on your attitude to cash vs performance vs timing. Especially now, I think the end of year is optimistic for the 3080s release, and even longer to get supplies out there if the 2080Ti situation is anything to go by.

So, you have still got the best part of a year to enjoy a significant 15-20% improvement for a few hundred pounds. All very much a personal decision, of course. There is no right and wrong, but I always go for the performance option every time!
I am going to wait for the next series of cards, even though I have the money to upgrade my 1080 now, would love to get an upgrade but I will be glad I held off when the next series is released.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #1207
Flarpt

Let me try something here and see if it fly's☺:
Instead of the answer always being that we investors must yearly upgrade to newer $$$ equipment to stay ahead of the ED engine nerfing 'updates'...
And
Instead of every year ED making it clear that over 90% of their efforts are going towards Payware instead of optimizing DCS, or instead of completing aircraft that have been in 'early access' comas [some for over 18 months]..
Then
Would not the smart thing to be for us investors to simply close our wallets and declare,
"Hey ED, love the sim. But no more cashflow until the hundred$ each of us have invested into aircraft since 2017 actually are finished and polished in an updated sim engine. "

Argument:
Those new to DCS are immediately introduced to:
Looks beautiful. Is very expensive. Most experience stutters and low fps. Must have a very pricey rig to hope for ANY fair performance. ED updates nearly always hose performance.
ED is famous for releasing unfinished aircraft that are almost never finished.

BUT WHAT IF.......
What if the opposite of what I just wrote was true instead?
Imagine how much $$ ED would make if those new and old to DCS heard:

DCS runs FANTASTIC even on medium rigs. DCS aircraft are affordable, awesome and professionally well done and smooth running. There were stutter issues for 2 decades but those days are gone forever since ED optimized and included Vulkan.... DCS can't be beat for customer satisfaction.

Hey, if more than one person said it then it would have more weight and might actually have a chance of happening within the lifespans of us and our children☺!
All that needs doing is that customers make it clear they want more efforts into finishing, fixing, real-updates and optimizations -BEFORE- any more cashgrabs.
Flarpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #1208
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarpt View Post
Let me try something here and see if it fly's☺:
Instead of the answer always being that we investors must yearly upgrade to newer $$$ equipment to stay ahead of the ED engine nerfing 'updates'...
And
Instead of every year ED making it clear that over 90% of their efforts are going towards Payware instead of optimizing DCS, or instead of completing aircraft that have been in 'early access' comas [some for over 18 months]..
Then
Would not the smart thing to be for us investors to simply close our wallets and declare,
"Hey ED, love the sim. But no more cashflow until the hundred$ each of us have invested into aircraft since 2017 actually are finished and polished in an updated sim engine. "

Argument:
Those new to DCS are immediately introduced to:
Looks beautiful. Is very expensive. Most experience stutters and low fps. Must have a very pricey rig to hope for ANY fair performance. ED updates nearly always hose performance.
ED is famous for releasing unfinished aircraft that are almost never finished.

BUT WHAT IF.......
What if the opposite of what I just wrote was true instead?
Imagine how much $$ ED would make if those new and old to DCS heard:

DCS runs FANTASTIC even on medium rigs. DCS aircraft are affordable, awesome and professionally well done and smooth running. There were stutter issues for 2 decades but those days are gone forever since ED optimized and included Vulkan.... DCS can't be beat for customer satisfaction.

Hey, if more than one person said it then it would have more weight and might actually have a chance of happening within the lifespans of us and our children☺!
All that needs doing is that customers make it clear they want more efforts into finishing, fixing, real-updates and optimizations -BEFORE- any more cashgrabs.
And this is relevant in a thread about a shaders mod because?
Old 03-26-2020, 11:53 PM   #1209
eaglecash867

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelrobertson View Post
Something is simply broken in this game. Every time I play it I get wildly different performance visuals requiring another set of HOURS to find the cure. Then its play musical chairs with hundreds of settings ad nauseum until I can find that one good temp setting... From reading all of these threads I can see one thing. There is no cure for any two different people.

I see people with far less hardware saying they get good results with this game in VR.

On my 8700k/2080/32ddr4/eidehd Im running almost everything full low and it still stutters badly in high g turns.

I play American Truck Sim, Project Cars and IL2 and all run perfectly fine as expected. Not this. Frustration level 98%....
The EIDE hard drive isn't helping the situation. Also, nobody knows what VR headset you're using or any other important detail that would help us help you.
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1. Partridge and pear tree pending.
eaglecash867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #1210
spacefox

Hey guys,

I am new to all of this modding. I do notice that my version of beta is 2.5.6.45317 and will the current latest shader mod work this version?

thanks