Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

But it doesn't move the DCS simulation world forward! The red vs. blue aspect is wildly out of the balance for modern jets, and the F-15C only pushes it more out of balance and only gives you more of the same.

The warbirds of WWII in DCS have a decent red vs. blue balance, as does the Korean War era golden age jets. Even the helicopters have some balance in the red vs. blue aspect!

But for DCS modern era jets there is virtually zero red vs. blue balance. Yes there are several modern red jets from Flaming Cliffs, they are not the high fidelity models you see in the blue jets, and while better than nothing it's just not balance...

Yeah 100% this. It's telling that the only competitive, full fidelity modern Redfor jet in DCS was designed to operate alongside Vipers...

Almost certainly the new module is not going to be the F15C:

- Because a certain third party is working on the F15E .It would be like kicking yourself in the foot .

- I might be wrong but i just don't see it as a milestone .

While personally i would like a thrust vectoring jet and i prefer Sukhoi , i wouldn't say no to a F22. Soon or in 15 Years from now .

- Tornado

- Flanker

- Fulcrum

- Starfighter

- Foxbat

- Drakken

That's a perfect list, with russian fighters being the most important. Enough of the U.S. hardware!

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

The only plane which I would like to see in the near future would be the Skyraider with perhaps a Vietnam mission. This is one of the best attack aircraft ever build and although it may be surpassed by some of the more modern jet equivalents ,it has its place in history and should be a must for DCs.

Carrier launches and recoveries, Sandy missions etc ,etc. This would be a must. There are enough Jet aircraft on the go at the minute, give us a Skyraider please.

I believe that someone had half designed one for DCS but he stopped as he was going to Flight school but can ED not take it on if possible.

I want some seat of the pants, down in the dirt flying in a slow mover with enough punch to make the enemy have a really bad day instead of standoff missile firing.

Almost certainly the new module is not going to be the F15C:

- Because a certain third party is working on the F15E .It would be like kicking yourself in the foot .

- I might be wrong but i just don't see it as a milestone .

While personally i would like a thrust vectoring jet and i prefer Sukhoi , i wouldn't say no to a F22. Soon or in 15 Years from now .

While I do agree it's probably not a C, just because we're getting an E isn't evident of that. The C and E conduct very different missions. The C can't really deploy PGMs like the E can.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Looks like it may be the Eurofighter.

Indeed! :thumbup:

(Barely trying to contain too early excitement)

et4.jpg

et912.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Seeing them multiple times a week, all i can say is:

BOOOOOOOOOOOORING! (read it in a Homer Simpson voice)

I would not have expected anything else from you :P

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I wonder who had been waiting for this plane eagerly :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I don't know enough about the Eurofighter to have strong feelings either way, but it's one of those mods I'll have to buy. I'd imagine it'll feel a bit different to the F/14, F/15 and F/16. The Viggen is an interesting mod for the same reason.

I remember a Eurofighter sim from the mid-90s (not sure if I'm allowed to name it here) that was fun but played electro-music while flying. I'm glad that trend hasn't continued to DCS today!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I wonder who had been waiting for this plane eagerly :D

Many Europeans ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Its not going to be FC3 style, if they do, that would be a pretty big surprise (not a pleasant one)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Its not going to be FC3 style, if they do, that would be a pretty big surprise (not a pleasant one)

MAC needs something to push its sales for release :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

By all accounts a very modern capable plane that is a pleasure to fly and has incredible thrust. Pilot interviews all sing the praises of the Eurofighter in air-to-air combat. While my least favorite of the Eurocanards, it would still be a pleasure to get to try it out in DCS. I wonder if they're going to try to model an AESA radar?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

MAC needs something to push its sales for release :music_whistling:

Still I do not expect it to be FC3 style. They already announced what MAC is going to be, why would they suddenly add something like this to that? Granted, they have done weird stuff like this before in the past, but I dont believe that they will add a module of this kinda magnitude to an arcade game. Have they not said (with the exception of MAC) they will not do FC3 style aircraft anymore?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

• ED Team

Typhoon is by a third party,

ED's eagerly awaited aircraft will be announced later in the year.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Whew, there is still hope for Su-27/MiG-29 :D

Oh who am I kidding, of course we won't get those :(

Typhoon is by a third party,

ED's eagerly awaited aircraft will be announced later in the year.

thanks

A new player in town?

Will be waiting for a newsletter!

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Im wondering is it a new 3rd party OR any of the currently existing ones making the EF?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD