Thrustmaster Hornet

So I was watching the stream of Wags flying a Huey in the Normandy map and he mentioned that he was using one of those entry level Thrustmaster throttles with rudders on the throttles and then he mentioned something about a Thrustmaster Hornet coming out later this year. I wonder if this is a hard core level throttle like the warthog and I also wonder if this signals the release date of DCS Hornet..Hmmmmm.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

No he said it was the closest thing out there to a hornet throttle, even though it is not a split throttle. It doesn't sound like it is going to be branded as a hornet throttle.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

He said it was the closest thing to a Hornet throttle, but he called it a "Thrustmaster WCS2"

Aussies are quick today, Rangi ;)

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the serial number thread is any indication of actual sales figures, I would imagine TM will never make a Warthog level joystick again. In six and a half years they still haven't come close to selling 100k units.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If the serial number thread is any indication of actual sales figures, I would imagine TM will never make a Warthog level joystick again. In six and a half years they still haven't come close to selling 100k units.

Well there's what, about 70,000 TM Warthogs out in the wild, and when you consider that they're selling for $400 to $450, that's a total of $31 million. Considering this is just one of their many products, I'd say the Warthog has done well for them and they'll stick to releasing their next high end HOTAS in 2020 as they previously stated.

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Five million a year, in revenue as opposed to profit, is not a lot of money.

Also, if you look at recent P&L statements, their target markets are racing and consoles. By 2020 the PC market is going to be smaller, not larger, than it is now.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Five million a year, in revenue as opposed to profit, is not a lot of money.

Also, if you look at recent P&L statements, their target markets are racing and consoles. By 2020 the PC market is going to be smaller, not larger, than it is now.

I hope that isn't the case.

I know several people who are/have moved to more PC stuff.... could just be my niche though.

:(

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Considering the fact that my TWH serial number is not in that thread, you can be assured that it is no indicative of total sales.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Considering the fact that my TWH serial number is not in that thread, you can be assured that it is no indicative of total sales.

I don't care about what individual units are missing. The numerical sequence is probably well represented which is sufficient to gauge sales volume.

Well there's what, about 70,000 TM Warthogs out in the wild, and when you consider that they're selling for $400 to $450, that's a total of $31 million. Considering this is just one of their many products, I'd say the Warthog has done well for them and they'll stick to releasing their next high end HOTAS in 2020 as they previously stated.

Would virpil ever consider doing a F/A-18/F-15/Harrier style grip for their systems? If I recall correctly, all three aircraft share the same stick or a close variation of it.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Now I am a bit confused, Wags talked about the thrustmaster wcs 2 in the Huey video. Someone mentioned it was already out, but I can't find it in any retailers or on the thrustmaster site. The closest I could find was the thrustmaster weapons control system MKII , but that was released in 1995. Can anyone link it for me and/or clear up wether Wags was talking about the wcs2 or the hornet module when he said "later this year".?

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Now I am a bit confused, Wags talked about the thrustmaster wcs 2 in the Huey video. Someone mentioned it was already out, but I can't find it in any retailers or on the thrustmaster site. The closest I could find was the thrustmaster weapons control system MKII , but that was released in 1995. Can anyone link it for me and/or clear up wether Wags was talking about the wcs2 or the hornet module when he said "later this year".?

It is confusing. Here's what I think - He was referring to the TWCS throttle that was released in September 2016. The reason I say that is because it does indeed closely match the Hornet throttle, and it has the paddle buttons he was referring to.

If we believe that, then we can only believe he meant the Hornet module, when he said "later this year".

The only other possibility is that he was using some kind of pre-release of a version "2" of the TWCS, and he meant that this new/updated throttle was releasing later this year.

I am thinking he meant the Hornet module.

Just my 2c

• Like 1

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]