SU-33 and SVP-24

JunMcKill

Well, I wouldn't put it past these ruskies putting beryoza on the HUD or HDD.

Well I would(HUD at least, but frankly IPV too)

Maybe the charts you have are of an earlier test model or something.

No they are not.

Image of Su-33 HUD indications in various modes attached - AFAIK they photographed framed on the wall of current training facility(housing a full cockpit Su-33 simulator).

SUV-33.thumb.jpg.959a2ca280f2e3ca714536cc84cba906.jpg

• Like 1

This is a picture of the new MFD functions including the L-150 Pastel of Venezuelan SU-30MK2

Yes I have seen that before, but are you sure its from a Venezuelan Flanker though?.....the MFD looks weird.

In the MIG-29SMT, you can have both, the new variante of RWR and the original from the SPO-15

Yes it does indeed look like a graphic representation of the SPO-15 - still not the HUD though and the colour LCD MFD is a far cry from the old IPV :) .

...this is a MIG-29M2

No both cockpits are of MiG-29SMT....and both old experimental ones(not the current version).

MiG-29M2 front cockpit(attached).

mig29m2.thumb.jpg.fbb5154d0fffd2ccb0483794e94d655c.jpg

Edited by Seaeagle

• 1 year later...

SPO-32 (L-150 Pastel)

Hi guys,

I'm new on the forum, so nice to meet you all.

I've done some research on the Pastel RWR and i noticed some things. According to some sources both the Mig-29SMT and the SU-27SM(3), and later batches, have the SPO-32 RWR. How is it that, when you look at their MFD's, both RWR screens differ? It looks like the SPO-32 interface on the SMT is an exact (or slightly enhanced) copy of the SPO-15, while the "same" system on the Flanker is totally different. Does anybody have an explanation for that? Or could it be that the SMT cockpit pictures are early batches that still had the SPO-15 (a modernized version of some kind)?

This is a picture of the new MFD functions including the L-150 Pastel of Venezuelan SU-30MK2

su-27m10.jpg

In the MIG-29SMT, you can have both, the new variante of RWR and the original from the SPO-15

mig-2910.jpg

There are some differences with the original SPO-15 though. The SMT version has more yellow circles (2 i think) than the original one. And where exactly do you see the SPO-32 on the MFD? I only see a modified digital SPO-15 ;)

Definitely. Systems like the SVP-24 and L-150 would make the Su-33 a very competent multi-role carrier strike fighter which would go very well with the forthcoming Kuznetsov upgrade module. Flying the baseline Su-27 and Su-33 against the likes of the F-14, F-18 and EF-2000 is going to be Hard Mode.

That would be a real thing, having updated variants for Su-27, 33 and 25 will make the game more fun for me, inclusing the SVP-24. Maybe as a MAC/FC5 thing?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Source: https://naval-flanker.livejournal.com/23505.html

0_aaf29_a3dbe332_orig.jpg

0_aaf27_7fa67468_orig.jpg

0_aaf28_5c7e939a_orig.jpg

0_aaf26_60d28fa2_orig.jpg

Еще немного информации о CВП -24 "Гефест" на Су-33.

На авиасалоне МАКС-2017 посетил стенд, на котором была представлена эта система.

Как видно индикатор прямой видимости (ИПВ) был заменен на многофункциональный дисплей с кнопочным обрамлением. В дальнейшем ожидается и замена ИЛС, на более совершенный.

Попросил ребят из "Гефеста" кинуть ВЦУ на самолёт.

На фотографии показан процесс получения самолётом целеуказания от ТАВКР Кузнецов (возможно получение и от других источников).

В левой верхней части экрана показываются координаты цели,а так же от кого было получено целеуказание.

В правой верхней части экрана обозначен тип цели (в данном случае - "аэродром"), дистанция и курс до цели. В данном случае цель на карте не обозначена - так как находится за пределами экрана.

Бомбометание может производится в автоматически режиме. После получения ВЦУ и включения автопилота - самолёт сам выходит в точку сброса. Лётчик зажимает "кнопку сброса" и в нужный момент происходит сброс бомб.

На этой фотографии показан элемент на МФД (оранжевая стрелка на черном фоне), показывающий летчику направление на цель.

Edited by CTR

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

Translation for above text:

Some more information about the SVP-24 Hephaestus on the Su-33.

At the air show, MAKS-2017 visited the stand where this system was presented.

As can be seen, the line-of-sight indicator (IPV) has been replaced with a multifunctional display with buttoned bezels. In the future, and is expected to replace ILS, more advanced.

I asked the guys from Hephaestus to throw the BCU on the plane.

The photo shows the process of obtaining target designation by aircraft from Kuznetsov TAVKR (it is also possible to receive from other sources).

The coordinates of the target are shown in the upper left of the screen, as well as from whom target designation was obtained.

In the upper right of the screen, the type of target (in this case, “airfield”), the distance and course to the target are indicated. In this case, the goal on the map is not marked - because it is outside the screen.

Bombing can be done automatically. After receiving the BCU and turning on the autopilot, the aircraft itself goes to the point of discharge. The pilot clamps the "reset button" and at the right time bombs are dropped.

This photo shows an element on the MFD (orange arrow on a black background) showing the direction to the pilot.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 year later...

Interesting stuff that SVP-24 info. As always Wags will tell Russian government don’t allow simulate ANY military system.... FC3 level implementation could be easily the right direction for that system already used in Syria.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

There is a datalink skin that lets you know distance to all contacts, their speed and altitude.  It is made Chinese J-11,J-15 style. Russian style skin is on the way too.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313799/

J-15 Aggressor2.jpg

Here is the video about this upraded datalink usage: 

Hoe it will be useful to Flanker gangsters)

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

5 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

Does this pass the "cheat" test in MP?

Yes that`s the beauty of this upgrade. It is just a skin. No code is involed. Texture that turns stock Flanker`s  Datalink into much more informative device. Its like turning a spyglass into a sniper scope with all reticles, mil dots helper markings etc.) Attempt to get closer to picture on modern Flankers MFDs. That is as close as you can get to them SA wise.  You can fly with this cockpit skin on any server that allows custom textures. But there is only one server that makes most out of stock Flankers in bringing them as close as possible to their modern latest versions. Server name is EXERCISE RED FLAG. Su-33 is brought up to T-10M/11 russian Flanker and J-15 Chinese Flanker versions by automatically rearming them with missiles those versions can carry.

So there are 2 modern verions of that airframe you can fly there. Same goes for base Su-27(T-10) version. It has Chinese J-11B and Russian T-10BM reincarnations present on the server.

You don`t need any mods to fly them there. Server is IC protected. You connect with your clean client, occupy desired slot and your jet is turned into a modernized beast)

Server equips all slots with latest and srongest loadouts comprised of missiles that vanilla DCS has to offer. 
And those loadouts upgrades combined with this datalink upgrade will give you unique experience in DCS withought need of any mods whatsoever)
Su-37.jpg

T10M11r33_2.jpg

This is T-10M/11 (Su-35) that i`m flying there). R-33 is a substitude for R-37, R-77 is a substitude for R-77-1.  But man is this DIY Su-35 a damn

beast))). R-33 does the job atacking targets up to 90km away. R-27ET gets the ones that got through to 45km distance. And R-77 takes care of the rest that  somehow managed to get closer than 25km.  

Edited by musolo
  • Thanks 1

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V