Should I buy the MIG-21? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #71
Tarres

Reputation power: 8
Tarres has a spectacular aura aboutTarres has a spectacular aura aboutTarres has a spectacular aura aboutTarres has a spectacular aura about

The nav system of the 21bis is diferent from the ED standard. You need to use the channel indicated in the 21´s Keyboard.
Tarres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #72
grunf

Reputation power: 10
grunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nicegrunf is just really nice

Good news, the armament selector and IR/SARH switch are fixed.

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=187
https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=81
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #73
westr

Reputation power: 9
westr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nicewestr is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
As daunting as it looks, this plane is pretty simple actually. Thanks for all the advice, now I can take off quite alright.

I have one problem though. Maykop's RSBN is Ch. 34. So I set the left knob to 34, flick the switch to RSBN, the other one to navigate, aaand...nothing. Shouldn't it point in the direction of Maykop?
That's the thing. People look at the cockpit and because it's so busy assume it's an overly complex aircraft. In actual fact the 21 is relatively straightforward aircraft. But a challenge to master.
westr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #74
javelina1

Reputation power: 15
javelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nicejavelina1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by westr View Post
That's the thing. People look at the cockpit and because it's so busy assume it's an overly complex aircraft. In actual fact the 21 is relatively straightforward aircraft. But a challenge to master.
Exactly! don't let those switches scare you.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios, HawgTouch, Ikarus & MFD extracts), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:21 PM   #75
Dehuman

Reputation power: 0
Dehuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
so i really dont see you point. Snags in development process dont automatically make a Bad fighter.
I'm not saying these are bad aircraft, my point was to debunk the idea that Lockheed would face serious consequences if their aircraft had problems whilst for some reason Soviet aircraft designers enjoyed some sort of immunity if they screwed up.
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote