Trigger - Play argument

honza

Hello,

I have a problem with one of triggers - "Play argument." From the manual I understood than this trigger can animate static objects, such as radar antenna rotation. I did not find any additional information for this parameter. But I would like to know more about this triggers much more. What this triggers can do and how to used it. Eg. can it open the cab to the L-39ZA or cargo space on the C-130 ... etc?? There are some values (0 and 1) in the trigger parameters . What mean this number ? I´m not able to activate this trigger on any static object . Please can someone help me?

Thank you

• 1 year later...

I am not familiar with the feature totally, but what does the ME look like? Is there a place for argument number? How do you select the target that you want to animate? is it the usual trigger zone, or do you specify the specific object? 0 / 1 most likely refers to the 0 and 1 animation frames declared in the 3d model. For instance, in the hardened aircraft shelters, Argument 0 controls the doors. and 0 the doors are closed, at 1 they are open. Although 0 could mean off while 1 means on.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Yeah it is animation arguments, I'm not entirely sure how the trigger works or if it still does or not.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 years later...

Has there been any solution for this? I have the same problem, same results as BS_Fighter 2013- and now it is 2017....

I cannot find how to play an animation argument on a static object. Any help greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I tried to use it recently, but doesn't seem to work neither.

@Grimes, do you know if it's planned to fix it? Or maybe it's working but we don't get how to use it, so, if we can get some info' it would be awesome!

Maybe a method is existing to make it works?

I'm thinking about something like that:

Unit.getByName("myUnit").playArgument(...)

(it could be used in a script in the mission editor)

I'm trying to implement a mod, but I can't do it if I can't play animations and implement the "brain" of the mod

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

• 2 months later...