MiG-29 needs flood lights disabled, show only instrument lights

Pronin

As with the Su-27, pressing L turns on both the flood light and instrument lights. On both of these aircraft the flood light is unneeded. They are not full fidelity and so there is no reason for the flood light to exist.

For use at night, the instrument lights is all we need. The flood light makes the cockpits too bright and makes it reflects too much on the canopy.

When the MiG-29A model update was released, during the open beta it was only instrument lights, and it worked PERFECT at night.

Now the flood light and instrument lights are on at the same time always and its simply terrible at night.

Should be an easy fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to add that because of this the SPO-15 signal strength is absolutely unreadable at night, meaning i have to toggle lights just to see it.

The SPO has issues during the day as well, if there isn't a shadow on it, I can't see the strength.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to add that because of this the SPO-15 signal strength is absolutely unreadable at night, meaning i have to toggle lights just to see it.

The SPO has issues during the day as well, if there isn't a shadow on it, I can't see the strength.

Current Mig29 is crap. That's it and I am convinced that developers are deliberately doing this!

Any way you can download here the fixed SPO. It took me 15-20min to fix this in Photoshop. This is how much developers care. :doh:

Drop the downloaded archive to \Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Cockpit\Textures

• Like 2

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

As with the Su-27, pressing L turns on both the flood light and instrument lights. On both of these aircraft the flood light is unneeded. They are not full fidelity and so there is no reason for the flood light to exist.

For use at night, the instrument lights is all we need. The flood light makes the cockpits too bright and makes it reflects too much on the canopy.

When the MiG-29A model update was released, during the open beta it was only instrument lights, and it worked PERFECT at night.

Now the flood light and instrument lights are on at the same time always and its simply terrible at night.

Should be an easy fix.

How about tying floodlight to canopy open/close? - i.e. with lights on then:

- when is canopy open both floodlight and instrument lights are on.

- when canopy is closed then only instrument lights are on.

• 2 weeks later...
Current Mig29 is crap. That's it and I am convinced that developers are deliberately doing this!

Any way you can download here the fixed SPO. It took me 15-20min to fix this in Photoshop. This is how much developers care. :doh:

WOW

This mod is amazing! So much better. Crazy that you are able to fix it in 15 minutes but ED still hasn't changed it...

This is a game changer, thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is great thank you! Crazy how ED doesn't seem to care about these issues.

I am 100% with Pronin, the flood lights absolutely drive me mad in the Su-27 and MiG-29.

I would rather have no option for flood lights than have flood lights on 100% of the time.

I do like that idea of just having them on when the canopy is open, I feel that would be an excellent fix.

There's no way to mod the flood lights out is there?

I do like that idea of just having them on when the canopy is open, I feel that would be an excellent fix.

Yeah I think so too - basically the same as cabin light in a car(controlled by a door switch).

There's no way to mod the flood lights out is there?

I don't think so and I suggested the above more as a solution for ED to implement.

Should be an easy fix.

I couldn't agree more. I remember an earlier version of the Mig that didn't have the flood light affect and it made the gauges much clearer when using just the instrument lights like you have in the F-15 .

They did implement backlighting only, I think its was around the time the 6DOF pit dropped, maybe an update after. The update after that reverted it back to the flood wash that we all know and *ahem* love. For me, the Flanker's illumination is nowhere near as bad as this, the floodlight just barely illuminates the center console. It's not so much that the Fulcrum is crap, it's more of she's been constantly put on backburner while what people are more familiar with are getting the update (though the Sea Flanker should wait it's turn till after my beloved MiG-29 gets updated first IMAO)

Edited by Crew Dog

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

They did implement backlighting only, I think its was around the time the 6DOF pit dropped, maybe an update after. The update after that reverted it back to the flood wash that we all know and *ahem* love. For me, the Flanker's illumination is nowhere near as bad as this, the floodlight just barely illuminates the center console. It's not so much that the Fulcrum is crap, it's more of she's been constantly put on backburner while what people are more familiar with are getting the update (though the Sea Flanker should wait it's turn till after my beloved MiG-29 gets updated first IMAO)

The MiG-29s is absolutely worse to the point of it being unusable. However, I wish that they would at least give us the option to have it off in both the MiG and Su-27. For me in the Su-27 the flood lighting is distracting, for the MiG-29 it makes it unusable.

Unfortunately, a quick Google search shows that this effect is actually true to life, as seen here

mig-29-cockpit-at-night.jpg.b3a835c01f0d48dc8c47c3c58059372b.jpg

FENRIR

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

Unfortunately, a quick Google search shows that this effect is actually true to life, as seen here

Whats unfortunate about it?. In the real aircraft there are separate controls for floodlight, instrument- and panel illumination(see attachment).

The floodlight is only for finding your way into/out of the cockpit - its not meant to be on at all times while flying the aircraft, just as you wouldn't drive your car with the cabin light on at night.

MiG-29_int_light.jpg.cb4b23353cb27ded1d23a7896669cb0f.jpg

Edited by Seaeagle

Whats unfortunate about it?. In the real aircraft there are separate controls for floodlight, instrument- and panel illumination(see attachment)

Hopefully ED has eyes-on for this and implements the necessary changes to both the Fulcrum and Flanker, although I personally dont see that happening until the mythical ASM upgrade to FC3 frames occurs (if ever) or at the very least the MiG gets PFM. Either way, FC3 has been relegated to the lowest point on the totem pole.

FENRIR

Hopefully ED has eyes-on for this and implements the necessary changes to both the Fulcrum and Flanker, although I personally dont see that happening until the mythical ASM upgrade to FC3 frames occurs (if ever) or at the very least the MiG gets PFM. Either way, FC3 has been relegated to the lowest point on the totem pole.

Yeah I think you are right that full internal lighting functionality isn't likely to be implemented for FC3. Thats why I suggested the simpler temporary fix - i.e. to separate floodlight from everything else and tie it to canopy open/closed state instead of just removing it all together :) .

Any chance of JSGME'ing this and posting to the User Files section?

FENRIR

Cmptohocah Great job man. That RWR is useless when using illumination. Can't see a sh_it. As you said its 15 minutes of work but game developers are constantly being deaf to logical requests from users. I think that this issues are not available in ED's real simulator (TBF) and that there things work perfectly.