DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

Sorry to be like that but (...)

Sorry to be like that but jets have no souls :megalol:

Make Corsair great again :pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Sorry to be like that but please no

ww2 era in dcs has 4 jets and vietnam era has 2 and the f-5 wasn't even that famous and iconic as the mig 21bring us an F-4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stick it in a wishlist, this is the corsair thread.

I am looking forward to hearing any news on this lovely lady, but I understand Leatherneck will be head down for a while yet with the viggen...

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Is that so?:pilotfly:

please.gif

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

what is this sure source if i may ask?

The best one available ;-) He just released some swedish marvel.

Just be patient, all will come in due times :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• 3 months later...

Thanks Silver Dragon! I read through the whole thread and the only thing I saw that was on hold is the Iwo Jima map, not the F4U-1D Corsair. I hope I have that right. Magnitude 3 will be a very popular 3rd Party Developer once they get that out the door!! If they can't do a map, maybe they should give a shot at building an Essex class CV! thumbup.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not necessarily on hold, but last LN said was along the lines of that it is not the next module they will release (which, all going according to plan, they hope to release this year).

Not sure where was the statement though, either somewhere here or facebook page.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 5 months later...

I'm not going through 371 replies, but I am going to join the F4U-4 bandwagon. A better variant is always (well...most of the time) better, though. That climb rate of 4,500ft/m and speed of 448MPH both reeaally turn me on.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Just read the books "Carrier Pilot" of Norman Hanson and "On and off The Flight Deck" of Henri 'Hank' Adlam which tells (mostly; but also Hellcats) the stories of the Corsairs flown from carriers in WW2: that kind of flying in these times was sure not for the fainthearthed and extremely dangerous.

Would very much like the release in DCS of the Corsair (with an appropriate carrier) :)

Edited by wavn

Best regards, Willem

I can't remember the exact source, but what I understood is that the project is on hold in a way that the conditions which can resurrect it will probably never be met :

— It's a WW2 aircraft supposed to be easy to model, yet Leatherneck has splitted and Heatblur proved that they don't need it to make much more ambitious modules.

— F4U-1 version was selected, probably because the availability of sources. Fans of the whole Corsair family loves it anyway, but nitpickers hate that variant.

— The Iwo-Jima theater was supposed to be made in the same time. Which means, the need to model a whole Pacific theater ecosystem for it and it's way too much workload yet. Plus the F4U-1 would not historically fit in it.

— As a Pacific theater aircraft, it would be the most lonely aircraft of DCS World for years.

— Magnitude 3 is in a undetermined state, the communication is dead, we don't even get change logs for the MiG-21. Only the 3D artist seems alive and yet nothing proves that this studio still has a future or is not practically dead already.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Jammer, that is a huge exaggeration and assumption lacking substance. They still do respond, particularly on their facebook. Whereas future of Corsair is unknown, that doesnt mean that studio is dead and they continue their work. All that is required now is patience.

Edited by Hiromachi

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7