Flying this has been the most frustrating experience of my life, any tips? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 08:42 AM   #41
Red_Donkey

Just a little tip for those turns and G pulls.

I must say the vibrational Jetseat has never made more sense, than with the F14. It just works soooo well combined with the excellent sound design. Never thought it was that good implemented in the Hornet. Maybe the Hornet is just too smooth, so it felt kinda fake.

But it really helps with the turns and all, especially if you crank the audio volume full.
Red_Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #42
Shimmergloom667

@Gimbal: a twisty stick for rudder inputs is really no problem for the Cat - I am using my twisty X56 for the time being, since I need a new desk before I can use actual pedals, and with a very slight curve and deadzone both low speed maneuvering and ACM are no problem, with a bit of experience.

A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-18C | FC3
Shimmergloom667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #43
Gimbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmergloom667 View Post
@Gimbal: a twisty stick for rudder inputs is really no problem for the Cat - I am using my twisty X56 for the time being, since I need a new desk before I can use actual pedals, and with a very slight curve and deadzone both low speed maneuvering and ACM are no problem, with a bit of experience.

I'm really glad to hear this, Thank you. I'm going back to the basics and trying to relearn everything from the ground up. I'm hoping the influx in tutorials as time progresses will help also.
Gimbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #44
rikkles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post
Its one of the last and the best Pure Breed. Its a Ferrari.
easy does it. get to know her....
No no. It's an AC Cobra. Or just like the last of its breed: a 2005 Ford GT. Analogue to the core.

As someone in this thread said, it's a Huey with wings. And I just love flying the Huey, it's 100% feel.
rikkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #45
OnlyforDCS
Veteran

Useful tip:

You can bind DLC to a slider, go to AXIS commands and you will find a DLC option there. Bind it to a slider or a rotary and it works great! (No need to use up two buttons on your hotas)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #46
razorseal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Useful tip:

You can bind DLC to a slider, go to AXIS commands and you will find a DLC option there. Bind it to a slider or a rotary and it works great! (No need to use up two buttons on your hotas)
I'm going to bind it to my x55 throttle's thumb rotary... but can you explain how you use it?

isn't there also some DLC 4 way switch? I feel like I mapped one to my stick
razorseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #47
OnlyforDCS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
I'm going to bind it to my x55 throttle's thumb rotary... but can you explain how you use it?

You only use it on landing approaches when you need more lift, or less lift. Depending on how you're doing in the groove. Basically you pop the DLC out, after your flaps and gear are down. (By using the DLC button). After that you basically use your slider or rotary if you are too low or too high in the glideslope on final approach, if you are on point with your throttle work and on a good glideslope you probably won't need to touch it, but when you are getting close to the deck and your E-bracket is too high or too low, then the DLC can really make a difference much more quickly than any throttle work.

It will save your (virtual) life
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #48
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal View Post

I also bound it to the cms switch of my mcg pro grip. I followed spudknocker's hotas video. It's dlc aft and forward and dlc press. I didn't see an option for dlc four way switch but I'll have to check again.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #49
Deadpoetic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimbal View Post
I understand trim pedals are ideal but the aircraft shouldn't be unflyable with a twist stick. Imprecise? Sure. Unusable though? That would suck.

Use the rockers switch on the FCS Throttle, thats what I do and its works really well!
Deadpoetic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #50
Victory205

Don't use the E bracket. Use the approach indexer.