Wish List (New Maps)

SspectrumM

Would love one! :thumbup:

Here's one I proposed earlier - GIUK gap (Iceland, the Faroes and the Shetlands)

The total land area by rough approximation is a third that of NTTR

QBaJglf.png

If this were a submarine sim, that would be great for cold war era stuff. Otherwise, not so much.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If this were a submarine sim, that would be great for cold war era stuff. Otherwise, not so much.

True, this map places a very heavy limitation on aircraft as really, feasibly they have to be capable of making short takeoffs and landings or indeed vertical takeoff and landings or have to be carrier based. Yes this map has a principle focus point on naval warfare (including ASW - which btw is the only form of warfare we don't presently have any real sense). The reason why in my head I would like this map and why it's so high on my personal map wishlist, is because to me, this map ticks pretty much all of the boxes for naval orientated warfare - which out of everything is what I'm interested in the most; amphibious operations, carrier operations, surface action group warfare (carrier battlegroup vs carrier battlegroup for instance), coastal defence, ASW etc, whilst being able to be interesting with a diverse amount of potential creativity, as well as being close to home for me. Now I realise the last one isn't really a valid reason - it only really applies to me at the moment. I also realise that for larger aircraft this map is a bit more restrictive. I also fully accept that what I find interesting or of value or importance doesn't reflect the DCS community and yes I agree that certain maps should have higher priority.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

lunatic dude, you are making far too much sense to be bearing that moniker ������

i like some of your proposals, Florida and Cuba most of 'em. Balkans would be neat, but I'd go further north, to include Belgrade and Sarajevo.

Ha ha, thankyou! :thumbup:

Extend the Balkans map North? I'll see what I can do.

I don't think I included Florida and Cuba on my list but that can be subject to change :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

If that selected area was moved down and to the right, it would include Iceland, North Britain (RAF Lossiemouth), Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland and maybe part of Poland.

That would be a nice scenario.

That's quite a big move - you can't physically get the same sized map to include Poland and Iceland, it would need to be at least double the size and include much more landmass (the whole UK, as the whole of the UK is between Poland and Iceland) then pretty much all of Sweden (and by extension most of Norway) and Finland would increase the map size to beyond feasibility. As it stands the total landmass just with the Shetlands, the Faroes and Iceland is 1/3rd that of NTTR estimated.

The current map as proposed has complete areas - it's entirely bordered by water, so you get all of Iceland, all of the Faroes and all of the Shetlands (including Fair Isles) - whilst this is probably unimportant realistically, it's of importance to me.

Realistically the only feasible extension is maybe a little East into parts of Norway, or further south to get at least as far as RAF Lossiemouth, but again, this puts the landmass up and the resources required up as well. The map goes from being relatively simplistic to much more resource and performance intensive.

The Faroes, and the Shetlands are both small islands, but they are large enough to be realistic contenders for convincing CA operations, coastal defence and amphibious operations. Iceland is large enough to be a quasi-theatre in itself (red storm rising/SF2 NA scenarios), with large enough airports (but hardly any of them military) for playable aircraft dotted around it. Large aircraft are less feasible yes, the only airbase they can be operated out of is Keflavík but that's maybe the price you pay for a maritime orientated map (which is my principle interest, not to mention this being an area of relatively important historical significance - Cold War and WWII) the map is tailored for all forms of naval warfare, there's enough sea for blue water fleet combat (between aircraft carrier battlegroups/SAGs); the map is perfect for ASW; all islands are suitable for convincing amphibious assaults (Shetlands is a bit more tricky because of it's larger sheer cliffs, but not impossible, there are numerous beaches around it's coasts) for a quasi-Falklands style campaign; coastal defence is certainly an option and there's plenty of flat and barren space for FOBs and FARPs. The only real thing missing are airports and airbases with runways large enough for large aircraft (long-range bombers, larger MRAs etc) although Sumburgh airport on the Shetland Islands has a 1.5km runway, which (and correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) should be long enough for a C-130, a Lockheed P3 Orion and maybe, just maybe, Hawker Siddeley Nimrod maritime patrol aircraft (though we're literally edge of envelope here) so there should be some room to manoeuvre. The AJS-37, the F-14, the F-18 and the AV-8B should feel at home with a map like this.

Plus Iceland, the Faroes and the Shetlands are pretty barren, the Shetlands are quite flat (perfect for semi-permanent landing strips if we get the assets to build them), the 3 are devoid of large numbers of trees and the terrain largely featureless, where there are buildings they are of a low density - analogous to the small villages and towns you see in the Caucasus mountains which may mean possibly better performance, and faster time to procure. The difficulty comes with making decent looking cliffs of the islands and getting all the source material, but I can't imagine it being too difficult.

Again the total landmass is 1/3 that of NTTR, the map proposed is bordered entirely by water and includes strategic military sites (NASKEF, NRTF Grindavik and RRH Saxa Vord). Meaning that most of the map is water - which hopefully means it's easier to procure.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

If that selected area was moved down and to the right, it would include Iceland, North Britain (RAF Lossiemouth), Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland and maybe part of Poland.

That would be a nice scenario.

+1 for this almost perfect for a naval Op I like this but, Id shift it a little to the South and east so you cover the north sea gap but not as far as you are suggesting.

you have some land on Iceland, England, Norway and the coast of Denmark. proper North sea map modern CW or WWII.

that covers the European naval theater.

Middle east

6 day war- Sinai and Israel and the golden heights perfect desert battle ground mainly an air conflict with some major ground battles. and when the Mirage III is released its perfect.

Southeast Asia

a Proper Korean map

Vietnam and Laos.

Mariana Islands Guam. WWII pacific map.

Russian Version of the NTTR, Lipetsk- Training Center home base to the Falcons.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Hawaii and all the islands. With a possible ability to have a 1940s version and modern version.

Korea with bits of the sea of japan. Even possibly include some land of japan to atleast take off from. Also to include small portion of China.

Mediterranean

Solomon Islands (Guadalcanal) 1940s version

Vietnam 1960/1070s

In no particular order.

Edited by Weedwacker

Here my list

Combat theaters

1. Solomon Islands (Guadalcanal) WW2
  2. Hawaii and all the islands. WW2
  3. Midway WW2
  4. Korea 50th
  5. Vietnam 60/70th
  6. Persian Gulf (Middle East) 90th

Training Areas

1. Switzerland incl Axalp live firing ranch
  2. Paxutent River / Norfolk
  3. Fallon

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S