Bonus System

Greb

You don't have to wait for release, once the pre-sale ends and module enters EA, the price goes up to full and becomes eligible for use of bonus points.

You're right, I forgot that the pre-sale ends when EA starts. But spending 24$ of bonus points to save 4$ compared to pre-purchase is a waste of bonus points :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was like, hmm.. i've bought nearly all DCS modules so far, maybe i could spend some of that bonus to buy the GPS NS-430 thing (since i'm really not interested, and i buy all new planes on pre-purchase anyways).. but there goes that plan - "Your bonus account balance $59.00, You can use $4.00 to pay current order.".. Thanks, no thanks.

Back on the OP, It is a bit odd, because I for the first time decided not to buy a module in EA, then later decided to buy it, obviously missing out on the EA price discount. Then I realised I could spend my bonus (because it wasn't in EA anymore) so I did. And it worked out the price I paid was exactly the same as the EA discount after bonus.

So basically it was like using an EA discount period anyway. I think the thing the bonus system lacks the ability to make any fundamental difference to prices.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So.

You can buy a discount module on Early Access.

You can buy a discount module out of Early Access using bonus points.

You can buy a discount module on sale periods.

I'm figuring out whats wrong with that.

Maybe some people want to buy a discounted module on Early Access using also all the bonus points he has and also during a sale. From there is only one step for free modules for everyone. XD

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Not a lie, more of a joke, like the whole bonus system has always been. Note it's "up to 70", not "70" in the newsletter, so only some products hit 70, the others hit less, you'll see how much you can save in the checkout phase.

Looks like A-10C limit is still high, then.

Regular marketing ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

So.

You can buy a discount module on Early Access.

You can buy a discount module out of Early Access using bonus points.

You can buy a discount module on sale periods.

I'm figuring out whats wrong with that.

Maybe some people want to buy a discounted module on Early Access using also all the bonus points he has and also during a sale. From there is only one step for free modules for everyone. XD

Uhm, no, you can't do that:

1.3: A bonus for the product does not apply if the purchase is part of a discount sale, a coupon code is used, or a product bonus has already been granted for that product.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

So what I want is, to be able to spend my bonus points on pre-sale purchases, because pretty much all of my DCS purchases are pre-sale purchases, which prevents me from using my bonus points.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The last sentence was IRONIC.

I thought it was clear.

You want to use bonus on a presale ?

A presale is an already discounted product. Imagine you have 60$ bonus on your pocket. You pretend to buy the Hornet on presale at 59.99 (20$ off) using your bonus on top of the discount. So a free Hornet finally. Nice for customers, the end for any company.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

The last sentence was IRONIC.

I thought it was clear.

You want to use bonus on a presale ?

A presale is an already discounted product. Imagine you have 60$ bonus on your pocket. You pretend to buy the Hornet on presale at 59.99 (20$ off) using your bonus on top of the discount. So a free Hornet finally. Nice for customers, the end for any company.

Why free? The bonus usage is limited to a maximum of 30% of the products price.

The way it is now I have no idea what I should do with the bonus points. They are completely useless to me. I could wait till the end of the pre-sale and then use my bonus points to buy the product for pretty much the same price than it did cost during pre-sale without bonus points. That way I would get rid of my bonus points by wasting them. I thought the reason of bonus points is to offer loyal customers the chance to save some money. In fact the bonus system is only benefitting less loyal customers that don't buy every product as soon as it is available in pre-sale...

Tornado3 small.jpg

For me the logic of the bonus system is beeing able to buy modules with discount out of sales or presale periods.

Simple.

If you miss the presale or a sale period you still can buy a module with discount using the bonus.

And there are periods where you can use up to 70% the bonus you have. Not only 30%. Anyway you are right, its not possible to use 100% bonus.

But i think is still a good discount system for non sale-presale periods. And a final thought. Is a free discount ED is giving to any customers.

If the bonus system does not exist you will see your options for discount modules límited only to sales and presale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just contacted technical support on the e-shop, and this was the reply:

"exactly at now there is a problem with using 70% of bonus points

will be fixed asap on DCS E-shop, maybe some days later"

So, on topic for the thread, it seems that a) the bonus system is not a joke, it's just a temporary glitch, and b) to some of our friends who may have been affronted by the question I asked, the 30% limit quoted in the terms and conditions does not apply in this case, there indeed should be a 70% allowance as stated in the weekend news.

Anyway, thanks to Andrey in technical support for the help.

It is fixed now:thumbup:

Just made my purchase.

Yes, me too, I got the full $26 discount on the A-10C at $40, so personally very pleased. Thing is I never would have bought the A-10 at full price anyway, so ED haven't lost out. I'm happy as I got what I consider to be a bargain, they got $14 more than they otherwise would have, so this is a case of the bonus system working as it should, rewarding people to buy modules and still ED makes a few quid they otherwise wouldn't have. I agree you do have to be patient though and pick your time to pull the trigger.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Yes, the bonus point system is indeed pretty bad, especially for true fans that always buy modules as soon as they are available in pre-sale. I have collected 65$ of bonus points over time and I've almost never been given the opportunity to spend them. To do so I would have to wait until modules are out of pre-sale which would keep me from playing them during Early Access :(

While I agree with you about on the subject, I don't agree on the wording. We have certain standards here:

I have 54$ to spend but will never spend them lol

I just collect and keep my bonus points for the eventuality that there's a module release I'm not interested enough to buy during pre-sale. Don't know about you guys, but I guess I won't be getting the Christen Eagle right away. But if I can have it for 10$ during a 70% bonus event, the collector in me will probably win. :D

Again, win - win. I get a new shiney thing in my hangar and the dev get a little bit of money, which is better than no money.

Waiting and keeping bonus points for the future costs me nothing. I get them for free and they stay on my account as long as I buy something once a year so they don't expire. And let's be honest, that's not all that hard in DCS. :thumbup:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 3 months later...

Ok, I read thru this and the rules,, is my head spinning? Um yeah,, Im an idiot!

I simply have $14 in bonus cash I want to use, and I want to buy the F18 Hornet before its released. I just want to confirm, I CAN NOT use my $14 towards the current purchase price correct? Because it sure is not showing up as an option while Im trying to make the purchase.

I knew I should have taken Algebra in school!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Correct.

Bonus can be only used on full priced modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Roger that sir, thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I must be missing something. I though the max bonus point I can use is 30%. Trying to use all my 14 points on Harrier but it only allowed 12 points which is around 20% ?

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I´ve just checked the bonus with the Harrier.

I have 16, and all my 16 are able to be used to buy the Harrier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´ve just checked the bonus with the Harrier.

I have 16, and all my 16 are able to be used to buy the Harrier.

Just tried again, my bad. I was confusing with the balance thing which said 14 when I actually only have 12 bonus points.

I'm sorry for the trouble. Thanks alot Esac. Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Bonus can only be used on released products up to 30% of the total price.

If you have a closer look basically the Early Access prices are similar, so it's like using a bonus you had, but not spending it. So it makes sense to buy with the EA discount and accrue and use bonus on modules you weren't that sure about buying.

Pretty much, the bonus system is for buying things you weren't that interested in at discount.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read through this thread, as I noticed I had a $26 bonus in my account, and was wondering what it was all about. I don't know if I am more taken aback by the ludicrousness of the bonus system, or by the disingenuousness of those who defend it.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Save money on full priced modules is bad for you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Save money on full priced modules is bad for you?

Jeez. <rolleyes>.

If you want to design a bonus system to encourage loyalty, where you, e.g., give $2 off future purchases for every $50 spent do you:

A. Give a $2 bonus to be used against future purchases. End of story.

B. Make up a contrived system where you "give" $20, to give the impression of generosity, but then only allow people to use 1/10th of it, after having to trawl through forums and rules to understand the conditions attached to it.

I would suggest (B) has the disadvantages that it wastes everyone's time and insults their intelligence.

... and (A) has the advantages that it's simple, and will actually encourage loyalty and respect.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals