Thrustmaster Magnetic base

Sokol1_br

I think they mean that you can now buy the base as standalone unit and buy additional the stick you want.. no longer forced to buy a warthog-stick including the base.. now you can have the base and buy a F-16 stick... but why the hell I should buy a F-16 grip when I have the A-10C grip already?

Way better it would have been if the F-16 Throttle would be re-animated to life….

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

rather than force sense, it would be good if they make a non-sticky base like vkb or virpil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Like Cupra said, I think it's the base as a standalone product. As for why sell the stick as the F-16 stick, I'm not entirely sure, it would make sence if the F-18 stick would have been sold as a complete unit (with base). Maybe it has the writing on top? Boy that would be trivial... LOL

Although it feels like a rather cheap move by Thrustmaster, it`s totally understandable from a marketing point of view.

Since they started to sell the F18-Grip as a standalone, it`s rather unfair to new customers, to be forced to buy a full Warthog HOTAS or at least the stick and base, just to get a base for their Hornet Stick. It`s only logical to start selling bases only for all those Hornet drivers out there.

I also assume that Thrustmaster did notice, that quite a few people started to ask for replacement Warthog-sticks, so since they already sell the F18 stick as standalone, selling just the Warthog-stick for potential future customers seems logical.

Calling it the F16-Stick may seem like a ripoff, since it`s exactly the same stick as before, but to be fair, DCS F16 and DCS F18 are the newest modules and are attracting new users and therefore new potential customers for Thrustmaster. So again... from a marketing point of view... :D

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

thd f16 throttle was the cougasr throttle

Which is neither sold nor supported anymore.

They could do a hall updated Cougar throttle fairly easily, but I suspect people want a switch console with throttles now so the whole base would have to be redone which may not be cost effective.

people want a switch console with throttles now
that would be my desire,

throttle grip+base as a single unit.

that would allow for model specific detents, direction of movement, and various distances of travel

unmount, unplug, and store when not needed (or want to switch)

on the flip side, that means I could buy a VKB base and the F-16 grip and be happy. (if I ever move on from my CH Fighterstick)

Virpil base, VKB uses a different mounting system.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Problem is find one on sales. :D

Yes, they suddenly show up and then are gone very quickly. I managed to get notified on the last one and ordered it as soon as possible. It works on both the WH Throttle and with a little bit of filing, it fits the F-18 and works just fine.

What do they look like? Maybe a 3D printed one is a possibilty?

Really needs to be metal as the tensions can be great.

Go to VKB website and check out their offerings/accessories. It is shown there. Quite a substantial product.

What I would like to see is a modification that is the TM screw ring adapted to the VKB mount. That would open up many doors for sales for VKB (IMHO).

That way, I could keep the standard TM ring mount as provided by TM and screw it onto a ring adapter from VKB.

Many people do not want to open a new Joystick and nullify their warranty to install the current VKB adapter.

Surely this could be achievable by VKB? or . . . . our brilliant third party enthusiasts?

Really needs to be metal as the tensions can be great.

Go to VKB website and check out their offerings/accessories. It is shown there. Quite a substantial product.

I think even a Nylon SLS part should be strong enough, but you could print in metal as well. If someone could give me the dimensions I would try.

Ive been using a purely SLS 3D printed Thrustmaster connector for two years on my BRD DS gimbal. I either use it with my Cougar grip or CH grip with a 3D printed tailpiece. Here have a look at the pictures.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4NJ2VN97E/brd-ds-to-thrustmaster-virpil-vkb-adapter-ver-a?optionId=64716525&li=shop-inventory

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26942&p=300039&viewfull=1#post300039

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26475&p=292690&viewfull=1#post292690

Edit: It seems there is a proprietary 3 wire to 5 wire SPI board included. Would need to analyze it as well of youre not only using TM grips.

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming