Losing Interest

The AMRAAMer

Worrazen,

thank you ! You showed up things that I completely misunderstood before.

I stayed away from milk and anything with milk for years until I recovered from Lactose intolerance. I know can have some milk in my coffee again and once in a while I make a hot chocolate.

The thing with oils, a great read !

Thank you for typing all that !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

FC3, a10, f14, f16

I was hyped for the viper and it left me disappointed, maybe one reason why ive quit for a while

I would say: get something completely different.

DCS has a lot of things to offer.

If you are fed up with flying combat missions, then get an older, more basic aircraft and just practice e.g. VFR / IFR navigation. I really recommend the Albatros. It's very different from what you already own. It's a very versatile aircraft and a lot of fun to just fly.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

We go through so many things in life where we end up in a plateau. Sometimes it just takes patience and persistence. Like a lot of these guys have said, mix it up. Maybe try a new module? I was the opposite: I gave up on flight sims because of the lack of anything decent outside of MS FSX. It was to the point that I was excited for Ace Combat 7 for the PS4, and jumped on it. THEN, a coworker walked up to me and asked if I'd ever heard of DCS - and that was all she wrote! :lol:

So if you're feeling a bit burned out, then take a rest and come back to it when you get the itch. Or if you think you might be just bored with the modules you have, try a new one. You know a Christmas sale is coming soon! :music_whistling:

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

I go through the same roller coaster enthusiasm level for all my flight sims. Don't worry about it.

I've taken years off from falcon and all of a sudden it's all I fly for 3 months straight...even leaving the campaign running while I'm at work. or I'll get an idea that I wanna visit all 48 regular states in a a2a 182...so I'll spend a month doing that...or a month flying the 737ngx...

After that...I it's gtav time or kerbal space program...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tend to juggle games anyway. I spent like 12 hours play virtual golf last weekend and haven't touched DCS in about a month. Sometimes I dabble in Command Modern Operations (super highly recommended if you like DCS), Battletech and an MMO I play with my ex-wife.

Honestly, I wish I'd play DCS more, but something about going under the VR goggles and leaving reality makes me feel weird. I rarely play a VR fishing game for the same reason, though it is super relaxing when I do.

Edited by panton41

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Worrazen,

thank you ! You showed up things that I completely misunderstood before.

I stayed away from milk and anything with milk for years until I recovered from Lactose intolerance. I know can have some milk in my coffee again and once in a while I make a hot chocolate.

The thing with oils, a great read !

Thank you for typing all that !

Lovely.

There's quite a bit more to all of this but I can't remember it all in a short period of time hehe, I didn't expect I would end up making a whole wall there, but it's kinda like, one or two sentences doesn't do it justice, and it wouldn't substantially help anyone much, the nature of this thing is, as with any technical task, like DCS, complicated.

Everyone knows that Calcium in Milk is for the strong bones right!!! Ah if it were so easy.

Infact for bones the basic rule is that you need enough Magnesium, Calcium, D3, K2, Phosphorus and some Vitamin C. In commercial mass-produced milk I think there a low chance you'll going to get all of those in good amounts, and if they add Calcium they add it in a low cost form that doesn't even get absorbed well.

But, here's the big deal, for maximum effectivness such groups should be taken simultaneously, as they work together, they should be taken together from the start.

That's because some vitamins play like transporters for the other companion, without vitamin D3 the extra calcium will be useless, the body will store or dispose of it and the only more will be used if it has enough of the other stuff.

If any of you guys played ANNO the RTS game from Blue Byte, the resource management there is a nice resembalance to this, you need iron and coal to smelt steel, that's simplifiedwe get the idea.

Vitamin group ADEK

A D3 E K2 - The ADEK group should also be taken simultaneously (or near), they also work together, and they're fat soluble, this means the body's fat digestion mechanism has to work to absorb them, and other minerals, which is harder, and some sick people have fat digestion malfunctioned so lack of absorbtion of these ends up making more health issues for them, so it's not just about taking loads of vitamins, it's many times fixing the gut function, by staying away from annoying foods that kill the frendly bacteria, staying away from high sour, high sugary and hot spicy foods, alcohol and similar.

Well it gets more complicated.

Vitamin A is just as usual, a group referring to more than one compound, the "beta-carotene" is the lesser effective plant version and the more effective (AFAIK) is "retinol" the animal version of vitamin A, and as with all vitamins they have other less known forms and versions too. But it's good to ofcourse have both, the body can also convert some back and forth, like ALA to DHA/EPA but only to a degree, where other factors play but those are not well know/understood to me at least.

Vitamin C and Vitamin Bs are water soluble, which are easier to absorb and digest even for weakened people, but are quickly destroyed by heat and oxygen contact, so if it's not fresh it's a dead end. Vitamin C also has a few other forms, there is one special kind that can go thoguht fat and be absorbed into the skin, it's called Tetrahexydecyl Ascorbate.

Zinc + Vitamin C also work together in the body, taking them together is also a good idea.

I think in that brief post I forgot to mention brown rice is also a good idea to get carbs even tho it's not recommended for those suffering with candida and diabetes or pre-diabetes symptoms like dizzyness, pressure, different feeling, dirty energy (where you have so much energy you run around in circles very nervous) It's important to not overcook it again, to have it slightly less so it's a little bit to bite and chew, to keep the carbs from completely breaking down into simple sugars so the body get's the benefit of a larger range of them. Raw carbs is obviously way too complex for humans usually (AFAIK) and with potatos/beans toxic, so these terms are relative. Complex carbs are found for example in an unripe banana that's just starting to get yellow, for example, harder to digest, but there is benefit in a different way than if it were less complex in the beginning.

I'm not sure if I did mention this or not, but I'll do it again then, eating neutral foods along the way to make a buffer between foods is my standard practice now, so whenever I would eat snacks, rice, or any sugary stuff I usally eat salads along the way, that's why modern snacking is so unhealthy, because raw carbs get in without any kind of fiber (buffer) to assist the gut, fiber is needed to also help movement, and if foods stay too long in the gut they start rotting and that produces even worse toxins than the body is usually exposed to (due to bacteria feeidng on the rot) and along with snacks it's usually soft drinks loaded with sugar yet again.

I know from my self the single biggest thing that helped me was getting off milk products and bread, but also cooking the food slowly and on natural gas, I found induction cooking makes the food taste totally different as god knows what those electromagnetic radiation frequencies do to the food so I switched to natural gas mainly or plain old electric hot plate. The high magnetic fields could be messing with the molecules of the nutrients in different ways that was never properly investigated, the food looks the same, but the taste gives it a way and that's a bad sign, I'd stay clear of it.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest experimenting with 'when' you sit down to fly...

I tend to be a late person and love the peace and quite in the small hours.

If I try in the day or even early evening, I'm never relaxed and it just isn't the same...

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]