Helios w/ Touch Screen in the F-16

mcmike

I have been using Helios and a touch screen for several years, but with the F-16 I am having a problem I have not encountered before.

Helios appears to be working as it always does. When I press on a button on my touch screen, it is sending the correct key press through to the sim- I confirm this by opening up the options keybinding menu and then pressing the button in helios and confirm the screen jumps to the correct key bind in the menu.

However for certain buttons in the F-16 cockpit, the button press animation seems to be extremely quick (e.g. a button on the UFC will only partially depress and pop back out, or for certain toggles, the switch will only go part way up or down but will not stay in the desired position. Also, if manually do the key press on the keyboard for those same keybinds, the buttons and switches act as expected.

So this troubleshooting leads me to believe there is some sort of disconnect with Helios and the F-16 module (since this doesnt happen on any other module). Also, this does happen for every button- Most of the UFC does not work along with engine start- but sensor switches work fine.

I am hoping a Helios guru might be able to help out!. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

CPU:i7920 @2.67GHz overclocked to 3.25Ghz

Video:ATI HD5780 Single Monitor

Ram:8 GB DDR3

Equipment:TrackIR4, Buttkicker2Gamer,CH ProFlight Pedals, Saitek X65 Controller

Cop- thank you. I did some quick tests and the press and release method seems to work for few buttons I tried.

Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Cop- thank you. I did some quick tests and the press and release method seems to work for few buttons I tried.

Much appreciated!

mcmike, would you care to share your Helios profile and setup for the Viper sir? I'm in dire need of it and don't know enough about Helios to make my own.

mcmike, would you care to share your Helios profile and setup for the Viper sir? I'm in dire need of it and don't know enough about Helios to make my own.

I would be happy to.

There are a few things to note though..

1)Helios profiles are setup according to the layout of your monitors, so you will need the rearrange the profile to match your monitor setup.

2)I have had to add a lot of custom key binds for functions that don't already have a default binding in the game (ex- lalt-B for INS CCW knob, etc). In order to use this profile, you will need add in those same keybindings into your game in order for the buttons to work.

3)Some of panels in this profile are hidden (like the UFC panel). You will need to touch (or click) on the UFC button to bring up the UFC. This allows you to have access to all of the preflight button needed for start up without having to cram the UFC on top of it. Once startup is complete, then you bring up the UFC.

Not sure if all of this will make sense without having the profile in front of you. I am not at my Sim computer at the moment, so I will upload the profile a little later today when I can.

I would be happy to.

There are a few things to note though..

1)Helios profiles are setup according to the layout of your monitors, so you will need the rearrange the profile to match your monitor setup.

2)I have had to add a lot of custom key binds for functions that don't already have a default binding in the game (ex- lalt-B for INS CCW knob, etc). In order to use this profile, you will need add in those same keybindings into your game in order for the buttons to work.

3)Some of panels in this profile are hidden (like the UFC panel). You will need to touch (or click) on the UFC button to bring up the UFC. This allows you to have access to all of the preflight button needed for start up without having to cram the UFC on top of it. Once startup is complete, then you bring up the UFC.

Not sure if all of this will make sense without having the profile in front of you. I am not at my Sim computer at the moment, so I will upload the profile a little later today when I can.

It all makes sense. I would need your keystroke file to make it work along with your config/monitor setup file. I am using two 1920X1080 monitors with the touchscreen on the right side like most people I've seen run. I know how to go in to the monitor file and set viewports for the different MFD's and RWR, etc. I really appreciate the help.

F16 Helios Profile

Here is the profile- also note- lighting panel buttons are inoperative since they are not yet implemented on the f16

F-16Profile.rar

mcmike

It appears that you have done a fantastic job of doing the first Helios profile for the F16. However, as a user of CaptZeen's ready made profiles, I am having trouble figuring out how to use your profile and how to incorporate the viewports that I have included in the monitor config file for the MFDs, RWR, DED, EHSI, CMS and the fault panel with your profile. Some instructions would help. I am running 2 1920x1080 screens.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 year later...