Freewheeling Unit is not modeled

theinmigrant

Attached a track where we can see how the freewheeling unit of the huey is not modeled.

The only simulation I found is for complete engine loss. But clearly there is no simulation of the system when engine is running. Splitting the needles is impossible unless there is an engine failure.

Please let me know if you need more explanation. I'll be happy to help.

I was using the keyboard for collective so excuse me for the clumbsy flight.

I read somewhere else that this was indeed simulated before but somehow got broken. Might be?

Thanks.

UH engine clutch bug.trk

Edited by theinmigrant

The free turning turbine turns too fast at idle RPM (so stays in step with the main rotor RPM), the sprag clutch is modelled as is shown if the fuel cutoff is used.

attachment.php?attachmentid=136238&d=1457459665

BST/ED have recently asked for RL Huey pilot feedback on what the needle split should be during auto-rotation, so fixing it may be part of the general engine EGT, etc. rework that's turned out to be more extensive than BST originally envisioned.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The free turning turbine turns too fast at idle RPM (so stays in step with the main rotor RPM), the sprag clutch is modelled as is shown if the fuel cutoff is used.

attachment.php?attachmentid=136238&d=1457459665

BST/ED have recently asked for RL Huey pilot feedback on what the needle split should be during auto-rotation, so fixing it may be part of the general engine EGT, etc. rework that's turned out to be more extensive than BST originally envisioned.

Yeah, like I said, it only works if total engine is loss (or fuel is cut off), but it is not modeled.

A few months ago we hear at the forum in contact with one of the Belsimtek Guys ( Mi-8).

He is working on the Huey engine and the freewheeling unit.

Requested some real-life pictures and videos for his work.

So there is a chance to get this fixed bevor 2025.:music_whistling:

Always happy landings ;)

A few months ago we hear at the forum in contact with one of the Belsimtek Guys ( Mi-8).

He is working on the Huey engine and the freewheeling unit.

Requested some real-life pictures and videos for his work.

So there is a chance to get this fixed bevor 2025.:music_whistling:

I saw that thread and subscribed to it as well. But they never mentioned anything about the freewheeling unit. I dont even think they know the bug exist.

• 1 year later...