How do BRU55 hangers bind two different PP data?

kaoqumba

I just had this problem to solve myself. I had 4 JSOW on 2 pylons, to attack 4 different targets.

I did the following which worked well:

Program 1 JSOW

STEP to next pylon.

Program 2nd JSOW.

Go to MSN 2. (1st pylon again)

Program 3rd JSOW.

STEP to 2nd pylon (MSN 2)

Program 4th JSOW.

When you launch the weapons, fire the 1st pair at MSN 1, and the 2nd pair at MSN 2.

I hope you can follow that. It worked well, with the JSOW hitting their 4 independent targets. :thumbup:

I just had this problem to solve myself. I had 4 JSOW on 2 pylons, to attack 4 different targets.

Program 1 JSOW

STEP to next pylon.

Program 2nd JSOW.

Program 3rd JSOW.

Program 4th JSOW.

When you launch the weapons, fire the 1st pair at MSN 1, and the 2nd pair at MSN 2.

I hope you can follow that. It worked well, with the JSOW hitting their 4 independent targets. :thumbup:

Thank you very much! I succeeded in hitting eight targets!

Thank you very much! I succeeded in hitting eight targets!

You're welcome. That's a lot of typing. :D

We will later add L (left) and R (right) STA options on the SMS.

Thanks

Good news. Can anyone say if carrying 8 of these monstrosities is a realistic load for an aircraft?

That's a whole load of boom. :huh:

Edited by Zadren

Program 1 JSOW

STEP to next pylon.

Program 2nd JSOW.

Program 3rd JSOW.

Program 4th JSOW.

I just used this method as well with success. I'd like to further the question, however, to see if maybe I am doing something wrong or if this may be a bug. I was carrying 4 154A's and 4 154C's, and tried using the A's programmed as PP mode like shown above. All hit their intended targets as well as to be expected with a cluster munition. But then, I switched to the C's and wanted to use them as TOO mode, but was unable to get any luck. I set my waypoint to the target, but when I would press the WP Designate OSB it would just remove the box around Waypoint and never give the max/min range on the HSI.

Has anyone else tried using both PP and TOO mode? Is this even possible?

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Can anyone say if carrying 8 of these monstrosities is a realistic load for an aircraft?

That's a whole of boom. :huh:

i guess that would depend on your definition of realistic. it can be done. you wanna talk about alot of boom. i have seen pictures of hornets loaded with 10 mk20. may even have them on my hard drive. there are so many i don't remember what i have anymore.

i guess that would depend on your definition of realistic. it can be done. you wanna talk about alot of boom. i have seen pictures of hornets loaded with 10 mk20. may even have them on my hard drive. there are so many i don't remember what i have anymore.

I was looking at it from an operational perspective. 8 JSOW/JDAM would be a lot of workload for a single pilot, as well as a lot a lot of very expensive ordnance to hang off 1 (fatigued very quickly) Bug. A Mk 20 is $14k, and a JSOW-C is, apparently, $750k, so you (I guess) wouldn't want to waste it on a tank? Are these things battlefield weapons irl, or more strategic assets? I'm trying to understand the context where and how they would be used. :huh:

I was looking at it from an operational perspective. 8 JSOW/JDAM would be a lot of workload for a single pilot, as well as a lot a lot of very expensive ordnance to hang off 1 (fatigued very quickly) Bug. A Mk 20 is $14k, and a JSOW-C is, apparently, $750k, so you (I guess) wouldn't want to waste it on a tank? Are these things battlefield weapons irl, or more strategic assets? I'm trying to understand the context where and how they would be used. :huh:

I think that a JSOW-C wouldn't be used against a tank IRL. You have other weapons for that, that are much cheaper, as you point out. My guess is that the the C model, with its BROACH warhead, is reserved for hardened strategic targets, while the A model is used for things like DEAD and engaging grouped together armor or soft targets.

I have a mission where I'm taking out a battery of Silkworm missiles and I feel that the JSOW-A is an appropriate weapon for this case.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro