A-10C after 2.5.5. update.

Arink429

I noticed some changes on the Hog after the 2.5.5 update: the engine sound is different, the pilot makes some head movements (external view), the TGP color is also different and the ladder does not deploy. Isn't it?

Regards!

Antonio.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Can confirm everything. But most importantly: the FLIR is fixed!!!! Thanks, ED!!! :D

Do you mean the complete whiteout/blackout when looking at marker smoke?

Yay! if so!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Do you mean the complete whiteout/blackout when looking at marker smoke?

Yay! if so!

Which you shouldn't see with FLIR in the first place? Muh realism DCS!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

After the update:

So far, so good. But I`m stuck in my seat, Want my ladder back !:D

btw, repairing and rearming do work, crew answers but seems to take a bit longer to complete.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Issues?

Has anyone noticed that you get the “pull up! Pull up!”” Warning randomly now? Couple thousand feet up and gaining altitude after a gun strafe. Also I landed with about 2000lbs of fuel and all weapons spent except aim9s, Targeting pod, and ecm and I have to go all the way down to about 100 knots to land, seems like you have way more lift now?

seems like you have way more lift now?

This! Something strange has happened to the flight model here, guys. The hog suddenly has lots of speed in a climb where it pre-update was losing speed at a comical pace.

I thought maybe they added thrust, now the question is if it's intentional or a bug? Anyone else feel its behaving differently after the update?

The engine sound is definitely off. I'm sitting in the plane, canopy open, as I type this. Way different. Sounds cheap, and no distinct Hog "whine" from the engines.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone noticed that you get the “pull up! Pull up!”” Warning randomly now?

Yes, I've had this happen too. Also random missile warnings but no missiles but those could be related to an old mission with script issues.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C after 2.5.5. update.

This! Something strange has happened to the flight model here, guys. The hog suddenly has lots of speed in a climb where it pre-update was losing speed at a comical pace.

I thought maybe they added thrust, now the question is if it's intentional or a bug? Anyone else feel its behaving differently after the update?

The old Hog flies better than ever. You are not imagining it. She feels lighter, turns better (much easier to ride the solid audible tone), and accelerates and climbs like you would expect based on real pilot reports.

Hopefully not a bug, but one of the promised improvements and intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old Hog flies better than ever. You are not imagining it. She feels lighter, turns better (much easier to ride the solid audible tone), and accelerates and climbs like you would expect based on real pilot reports.

Thank you!! I may now diminish into the west. I thought I was taking crazy pills with everyone focusing on the audio, and here I was absolutely certain that this is not the same plane I was flying yesterday.

I can finally have an AOA around 10° without stalling immediately. This really should be a bigger deal, and I really want patch notes on what they did to it.

Edited by konsollfreak
Removed font styles from iphone.

So it isnt just me. Posted this on Discord earlier:

Pardon my ignorance, but Im not a pilot, and Im relying on DCS teaching me somewhat on how you fly. But with 2.5.5, hasnt the wind / crosswind effect on the plane changed, and even more so, the rudders impact? I can sideslip like crazy in the A-10 for example, and in many modules where I struggled with any kind of rudder input in the air causing a very instant snappy yaw, it now feels a lot more fluint, much easier to manage.

Like, strafing. Adjust with rudder would cause a snap motion to given side, and nose would basicly move / circle around. Now you point the nose much better and much easier to keep it there - with some stick to balance it

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |