Su27 Keyboard Flight Controls !

FlankerNation

Hey, please don't be angry with me. I just wanted to help. If I offended you in any way, I apologize.

If it helps, I can send you one of these as I heard all the ace pilots use them:

20110301101.jpg

Ahhh so sweet of you no thanks I don't use this, I use a Keyboard which people are using for centuries. I thought you knew about :doh: you poor thing.

So in Su27 PFM I want that Full aft stick hold and not auto-partial center it self

You have it already: Disengage the AoA and Ny limiter (S-key).

Oh yes, my stick also auto-centers, same as your keyboard input.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I understand what he means... when he presses the down button for example he'd like the stick axis to remain still where it is in game (trim-like) when he unpresses it.

It does remain where it is when the Up or Down-arrow is released via keyboard.

The issue is with the pitch-input re-entering when pitch input is full aft. Irrespective of keyboard or Flight-Stick, auto-centering is by design/function of the AoA and Ny limiter. In other words, even if you were flying with a broom-handle, the IFCS WILL move your pitch from full aft to nearer centre.

Disengage the AoA and Ny limiters and full aft pitch remains in both keyboard and flight-stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have it already: Disengage the AoA and Ny limiter (S-key).

Oh yes, my stick also auto-centers, same as your keyboard input.

Ofcourse it will auto-center but does the stick force your hand auto-center ? No You can hold it full aft so in keyboard we should do that also.

I will post a detail video what I mean.

It doesn't force our hands, but any input beyond the limiter is neglected. So no we can't hold it full aft... If I understood this correctly.

That's where the S button kicks in, to allow the input to exactly correspond to what you want it to do.

Allowing for these said "ultra hardcore beyond 50% deflection" causing severe G's to occur and severe speed loss.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

YYOUuuureeeekkkaaaa !

It doesn't force our hands, but any input beyond the limiter is neglected. So no we can't hold it full aft... If I understood this correctly.

That's where the S button kicks in, to allow the input to exactly correspond to what you want it to do.

Allowing for these said "ultra hardcore beyond 50% deflection" causing severe G's to occur and severe speed loss.

I think you have explained the solution to me, we are getting there just want to ask this if I press S key I don't want to turn it ON again by itself, is it possible that want to toggle it on/off (ny) by myself ? :unsure:

Edited by FlankerNation
making it more clear

It can be done, but as pointed out it 's done by flight computer. In another words not realistic. On the other hand we already have "auto rudder" for Mustang so why not. Just let server admin decide if it 's allowed.

Auto Center Rudder is fine :thumbup:

Auto Center Aileron is fine :thumbup:

Auto Center Pitch with 50% auto forward during full aft is not fine, no no :doh:

Ofcourse it will auto-center but does the stick force your hand auto-center ? No You can hold it full aft so in keyboard we should do that also.

Good Lord man I've explained this like 4 times already.

Listen - No, I cannot hold it full aft with my flight-stick. It auto-centres as well.

What you experience with your keyboard is exactly the same as what I experience with my flight-stick. I'll repeat - exactly the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listen - No, I cannot hold it full aft with my flight-stick. It auto-centres as well.

What you experience with your keyboard is exactly the same as what I experience with my flight-stick. I'll repeat - exactly the same.

Ok Done :thumbup:..... close this thread I will make another one for the rights of Keyboard Warrior to play DCS heheheheh no i m kidding. ... i don't know :pilotfly:

Anyway, you can close this thread but before you do that please answer this when pressing S key to turn OFF AoA Ny, it will not turn ON by itself ? i mean it would be better for to let it off and if I want to turn it ON again I will press S key again ?

Thank You,

FN

Anyway, you can close this thread but before you do that please answer this when pressing S key to turn OFF AoA Ny, it will not turn ON by itself ? i mean it would be better for to let it off and if I want to turn it ON again I will press S key again ?

Correct. Press 'S' once, it toggles off. You need to press 'S' again to switch it back on.

• Like 1

And the results are horrible. I tested yesterday doing dogfights and once you hit that switch.................. just don't ask.

So, here it is.... IT'S BUG the keyboard flight controls should be fix. This not related to IFC because I commence another test where I press and hold down the " Down Arrow Key " to have Full AFT pitch and maintained it the plane didn't pull back 50% partial pitch. So its a BUG and it is there with the EAGLE also ED has confirmed it in the thread.

Please ED switch back the way we control (maintain the pitch) before.

I m going to report this with the support team as here in the forums really don't understand at all.

Also we cannot ignore the fact they people like me who want to control the complex AFM with keyboard, and it can be done and has been done in other titles (not arcade sim) example FSX and Xplane. Xplane has a complex AFM and still they gave the option to fly with the keyboard.

Ignoring the real problem and constantly bombing with sarcasm won't show the professionalism and dedication towards your client and interest in the future coming titles.... at least for me.

Please ED this nothing to do with the flanker and the modeling of the flight dynamics and I can proof it with a video but as I have busy schedule and don't have to make a video that's why I can't.

Let's see what the support team say when I issue the ticket on the DCS site.

Can you do a barrel roll around a friend in another plane while looking continuously at him? Can you scratch your nose in that time and tell a joke?

Some of us are more concern about having fun with friends than "kicking butts"...

Other than that... I don't think ED will lose time with trying to simulate the fidelity of a Joystick and the response curves of it on a keyboard... Maybe in a future module called "DCS Joystick Simulator"

You should try to find a software for a Virtual Joystick and make it work with Keyboard. This way you will just set it in DCS like a normal Joystick and be happy with it.

examples:

vjoy (comes with FaceTrackNoIR... LOL)

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/

Qu3S0Q6M0tY

or the older:

ppjoy

http://ppjoy.en.malavida.com/

rxCwbJSRpOQ

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• ED Team

Also we cannot ignore the fact they people like me who want to control the complex AFM with keyboard, and it can be done and has been done in other titles (not arcade sim) example FSX and Xplane. Xplane has a complex AFM and still they gave the option to fly with the keyboard.

Dont assume what they are doing in other sims is comparable to here (AFM is so overused out there now its become pretty much meaningless), honestly I dont know, but if I was a betting man I would put my money on them not spending much time (if any) at all on keyboard support for PFM.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This is a strange feeling of being alone in being right, facing the multitude quibbling anything for fear of the unknown. Comfort and consumerism ... it's just be why we eventually sum so little to fly (IRL).

I'm not a keyborard warrior, and honestly, my first reaction to this post was: "What idiot kindly fly with a keyboard." But after reading this topic i wanna bring my support, FlankerNation I am 100% with you.

After keyboard behavior testing, specially in "s" mode, result is without compromise, what up/down keys do, is only no sense. Just test it, you will be surprised.

Sorry Viper, you can tell this 100 times, that's not true.

Ok, look on marks on the tail, 15 up 21 low, you can notice that in between 5 low and 10 up, up/down keys apply a value without auto centre, acting as Trim, but in between 5 and 21 low : auto centre to 5 low. in between 10 and 15 up : auto centre to 10 up. that is definitely not what i get with joystick.

One more time, sorry, but i call this "a bug"

Sorry (!) for language, i'm French.

Edited by Scoll
linguistic translation
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Surely isn't auto centering the best? I flew sims some time before I got a stick (one of the best things I bought) and there were two different control systems. The first as in IL-2, where everything auto centered itself and the other one, like in FSX/2004, where it didn't. I must say that the auto centering was much better, it actually made the plane controllable and I was able to make quick changes to the control surfaces.

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

Yes, I was relieved but Nope problem is still there.

Are you sure? I just tested it and when I move the stick forward/back using the up/down arrow keys it stays put after I release the key. It does not recenter by itself. I thought that this was what you (we) wanted?

BTW....regd why keyboard is still part of controls.... its for all the systems that you possibly cannot map to any hotas available today. I used to fly flanker 2 with keyboard..but upgraded to logitech wingman 2 --> x45 --> warthog. The wingman was awesome and a fun little stick. the x45 was terrible .. and the warthog is just freaking amazing. I don't know which joystick you may have tried... the t16000m has the same hall sensors as the warthog. It is a good stick to try if you are open to flying in this sim the way you are meant to experience it.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|