MiG-21 Display team

Teodor

I am planning to start a MiG-21 display team. What do I mean by this?

Visualize a flyby of a couple of arrows over your head. Most amazing view you can have.

A video of what I am trying to say:

(I don't own that channel, nor make publicity for it.)

The requirements are obvious: you need to speak english, own MiG-21 by Magnitude 3 LLC module and a joystick so you can keep it as smooth as possible.:smartass:

My timezone is GMT+3, I am from central Europe. This would be another thing to take into consideration.

If you are interested, either leave a reply here, either on discord: Teodor#5795.

:pilotfly:

• 4 weeks later...

Mig21 Formation Problem

Hi Teodor. Keen you hear your feedback on a problem we have with the Mig21 flying in close formation. To be clear this is flying more than one Mig21 in close formation.

Couple of us wanted to look into flying the Mig21 as a formation team. So last night on the AO 1.5x we tried flying close formation. Most of us fly using VR. This problem cropped up as soon as we get close (a few meters) - frame rates drop to below 15's in VIVE and Oculus. So basically unflyable in formation. Its a great pity though as this would be a great addition to the formation flying fraternity which is gaining momentum. But until this is solved the planes are grounded.

Do you have this issue flying the Mig21s in formation?

Good luck buddy! I'll watch this thread, and hope for the best for you guys. I do enjoy flying the MiG-21.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control