Trees disappearing around player when turn head

Wizard1393
Go to solution Solved by Wizard1393,

• Solution

UPDATE 2020-11-10

Solved. Issue was because of modded viewdistance preset lua files (Extreme.lua, Ultra.lua etc.). Revert to original files resolved the issue.

Original post:

Since the latest open beta I've got this issue where all trees sometimes disappear when I turn my head, using trackir.

When this happens, it looks like I have a constant "RemoveTreesTrigger" in a 10 mile radius around me. Distant trees do not disappear.

It's happened to me multiple times, flying in the Caucasus in the mountain valleys near Gudauta.

Custom default Fov @ 90. No mods. Fxo and Metashaders2 folders recycled since update.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• 1 year later...

This bug still exists. And it's not only trees that disappear, but warehouses, small villages and such as well. Makes the map all but unusable for missions where you've got to destroy, say, a particular detached house in a village.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I just want to say that the cause of this for me turned out to be modded viewdistance preset lua files (Extreme.lua, Ultra.lua etc.). I had done this to get even longer ranges etc. Reverting to original files removed this "bug" for me.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

Yeah, just found out the same and was about to post when I noticed your message! So no bug and sorry for the false alarm...

Cool! Np! I should have posted that this was the cause. I'mma change the thread subject now...

EDIT: Couldn't change old post subject. Updating first post.

OK! Do you happen to know which Config\terrain\xxx.lua parameter is the culprit, BTW? Because I'd still like to use my modded files if I just knew what to change...

EDIT: Found it. Put in too high "distancFactor" values and this is what you'll get. 1.8 for high visibility seems to work still, though.

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.