FLAK and LIGHT AAA

Jagr

I have a question. I'd like to be able to create more "Atmosphere" in air ground attacks by have more AAA but less effect.. If I place enough AAA to make it look stressful to fly through it usually kills everything.. Is there a way to create more havoc, tracers flying all over yet overall effectiveness be lower? What I would love is for DCS to add a AAA vehicle that fires non effective tracers to simply add more stuff going on..

• 2 months later...

What I have done, to some degree of short-term success, is placing drones above AAA units. These drones are late activated and triggered to appear when the players are inbound to the target. Then the AAA will start shooting at them.

For some reason, immortality does not work as planned with the drones and they get shot down eventually and the AAA fire stops. I might continue experimenting but its a small solution for a desired effect.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

For some reason, immortality does not work as planned with the drones and they get shot down eventually and the AAA fire stops. I might continue experimenting but its a small solution for a desired effect.

Immortality does work for drones (it's just kind of bugged in ME, IIRC).

This snippet should do the trick:

local Immortal_Command = { id = 'SetImmortal', params = { value = true } }

Group.getByName("Group name of the drone in ME"):getController():setCommand(Immortal_Command)

Edited by Hardcard