Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 83 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #821
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 20
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal.Iber View Post
I can't claim to be an expert, but after backing several Kickstarter projects manufactured in China (one in 2013 that is just now getting to shipping) I'm not all that surprised.

Looking forward to the T-50.
This was not a Kickstarter project...

BTW welcome to the forums!

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #822
Cal.Iber

Reputation power: 0
Cal.Iber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
This was not a Kickstarter project...

BTW welcome to the forums!
Thanks

I guess I meant to say that getting new products manufactured always ends up taking longer than anyone expects/hopes.
Cal.Iber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #823
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 7
Cyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajeka View Post
Welcome home! Good news regarding revised shipping date. I look forward to hearing more about recent decisions made at VPC HQ and future plans for the company. Out of curiosity are we allowed to know the exact nature of the issue that prevented the end of May shipping date?
Thankyou!

Well as previously mentioned, there were some minor changes to the gimbal which required some retooling at the factory. And then after that, there was a large state order placed with the factory that unfortunately took priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tane View Post
Welcome back man,i hope you are not suffering, from a jet lag
now that you here, we can turn off the panic attack button

btw i have a question, about the virpil base, what kind of spring should i use for the warthog grip?
Thanks, I won't lie, I am very exhausted

Really any of them work quite well, I'm using a fairly light spring on my prototype base with the Warthog grip and it works very nicely in use with some slight tipping forward due to the Warthog grip's weight. Bumping up the tension slightly will solve that, but I like the stick nice and light!

Long story short, it's completely user preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirimeister View Post
Welcome back Cyph3r!

(and a brief message to my sphyncter: you can now relax!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Hello Cyp3r, I am glad that things got cleared up. I for one accept your apologies and am eager to get your products into my hands. Thanks for the update!!!

Cheers

Winger
Thanks guys!

Cyph3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #824
Yaga

Yaga is on a distinguished road

Thanks for providing the specific reason for the delay. I hope everything goes as planned from now on.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:44 PM   #825
Pajeka

Pajeka is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the detail, appreciated!
Pajeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 AM   #826
Barefoot Bandit

Reputation power: 1
Barefoot Bandit will become famous soon enoughBarefoot Bandit will become famous soon enough

Thanks Cyph3r, welcome back, and hopefully a lesson learnt.

I hope there weren't too many panicked bail-outs, as I truly want you guys to succeed. The more people we have making good quality products, the better for all.

Looking forward to having the Mongoos in my filthy paws.

Z...
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #827
dburne
Veteran

dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Cyph3r,

Thank you for the information you shared here yesterday, it is appreciated. I like most here look forward to receiving the products here in a couple of weeks or so and hopefully this will be all behind us.

I am a little curious still however. I notice there have been no posts or updates on the official Virpil forums since the silent period began around the 1st of June, nor any update on the Virpil website. The last update was on May 31, and no posts responding to questions since around June 2, both Russian and English forums. In fact if one were relying on the Virpil website and forums alone for their communication and support, things would still be silent for them. I don't see where any of the active Virpil team members on the official forum have even logged on for quite some time?

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |TM Warthog+7.5cm Extension by Sahaj|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #828
Cyph3r

Cyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura aboutCyph3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Cyph3r,

Thank you for the information you shared here yesterday, it is appreciated. I like most here look forward to receiving the products here in a couple of weeks or so and hopefully this will be all behind us.

I am a little curious still however. I notice there have been no posts or updates on the official Virpil forums since the silent period began around the 1st of June, nor any update on the Virpil website. The last update was on May 31, and no posts responding to questions since around June 2, both Russian and English forums. In fact if one were relying on the Virpil website and forums alone for their communication and support, things would still be silent for them. I don't see where any of the active Virpil team members on the official forum have even logged on for quite some time?
Hi dburne. It's purely a matter of time, I'm still catching up on emails and direct messages even today. I hope to get around to the few remaining forums, including our own, as well as a website announcement very soon

Cyph3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:35 PM   #829
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
Hi dburne. It's purely a matter of time, I'm still catching up on emails and direct messages even today. I hope to get around to the few remaining forums, including our own, as well as a website announcement very soon
Fair enough, thanks for the reply.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:39 PM   #830
98abaile

98abaile has a spectacular aura about98abaile has a spectacular aura about98abaile has a spectacular aura about

Phew. Big sigh of relief there.
98abaile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc