Labels and indicating arrows hard to read - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
SnyggOlle

Reputation power: 0
SnyggOlle is on a distinguished road
Default Labels and instrument needles hard to read

I often find Labels and instrument needles hard to read. This causes big trouble especially when landing, trying to keep track of speed. In many videos on YouTube, the needles and labels glow, crisp and clear, even in bright sunlight. Is there a cure for this problem? It would make flying so much easier!

Last edited by SnyggOlle; 06-19-2017 at 07:12 PM.
SnyggOlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
philstyle

Reputation power: 2
philstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura about

Can you provide an example of these "glowing"/ clear insutrment needles?
Perhaps links to the videos you are referring to?
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 14
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

put your texture settings to high
Old 06-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
SnyggOlle

Well, to be honest my talk about ‘glowing’ might be a bit exaggerated. I can see that trying to find examples. But I do find a difference in visibility of the instrument readings from my own experience compared to some of the videos. I give you some examples below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBNOzDduJc at 0:50

compared to this, which is more like what I usually get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUJf2EcZF0k at 1:00

Read something about the labels and instrument needles being painted with radioactive material to ‘glow’.

Razo+r, I will check my texture setting. Thank you both for your attention to my problem!
Old 06-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
philstyle

Reputation power: 2
philstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura aboutphilstyle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyggOlle View Post
[url

Those two videos are from different versions of DCS....
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #6
razo+r
Veteran

Reputation power: 14
razo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nicerazo+r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyggOlle View Post
Well, to be honest my talk about ‘glowing’ might be a bit exaggerated. I can see that trying to find examples. But I do find a difference in visibility of the instrument readings from my own experience compared to some of the videos. I give you some examples below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwBNOzDduJc at 0:50

Read something about the labels and instrument needles being painted with radioactive material to ‘glow’.

Razo+r, I will check my texture setting. Thank you both for your attention to my problem!
As philstyle said, those are two different versions. Turn defered shading off and the lighting should be the same as in 1.5.

What also helps: Don't zoom out too much, It will change to a Bitmap with lower texture quality which can cause blurry text.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
SnyggOlle

Defered shading has been turned off for some time, but zooming in a bit helped. Thank you razo+r!

Last edited by SnyggOlle; 06-21-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Tags
indicating arrows, instruments, visibility