NS 430 and VR?

Phantom88

Hi,Any of you VR users try this new Belsimtek GPS Module out yet? I love the Mi-8 and will probably pick it up much sooner than later but since I fly exclusively in VR now was wondering how it performs in VR? Any problems? Thanks for any info :thumbup: Cheers!!!

Patrick

mini.gif

Haven't tried it yet but i imagine it will be very difficult to use if locked to the console. They need to incorporate a 'pop out' feature so it can be resized and moved in the virtual space in a similar way to what flyinside does with it in x-plane.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Haven't tried it yet but i imagine it will be very difficult to use if locked to the console. They need to incorporate a 'pop out' feature so it can be resized and moved in the virtual space in a similar way to what flyinside does with it in x-plane.

i think it already has that feature.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

So, any VR flyer's have feedback on this?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I tested yesterday

Using the LShift+LAlt+b to pop up the Garmin floating windows, only the tittle bar is visible, not the Garmin itself.

So probably is a bug or still not ready for use in VR.

Using the one on the console, is difficult, you need to go too close to see the details and buttons.

Edited by Capt Zeen

So, any VR flyer's have feedback on this?

I tested this in vr and used the vr zoom without a problem. The only issue I found was the sheer size of the mi8 cockpit meant the vr zoom wasn't allowing you to zoom in far enough

But I could still see and use the unit.

On another note at night it's impossible to see it, not sure if it has back lit buttons, if it has I haven't found them yet ;)

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Works fine in VR.

I personally have camera 6 way positioning mapped to a HAT and in the Co-Pilots seat just bring the seat (camera) in a tadge and down a bit and the display is perfectly readable and usable whilst flying. Just switch seats when you want a wider FOV..

I only use VR zoom to set WP's via the cursor and Map.

SIGBLOCK.png