Air Force Aircraft Arresting System (AAS)

Silver_Dragon

It would be nice to be able to setup a whole expeditionary airfield on any field in the game. Army and Marine airfields would be filled with thousands of little tents, Navy airfields would be filled with hundreds of bigger tents, and Air Force airfields would have a Hyatt or Ritz Carlton nearby.

Edited by mytai01
  • Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

It would be nice to be able to setup a whole expeditionary airfield on any field in the game. Army and Marine airfields would be filled with thousands of little tents, Navy airfields would be filled with hundreds of bigger tents, and Air Force airfields would have a Hyatt or Ritz Carlton nearby.

:megalol: So true...I miss the USAF.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And a nightclub...don't forget the nightclub!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 7 months later...

Airbase Arrestor Cables - BARRIER

Most CONUS military bases have either the BAK-12 or the E-28 systems installed. Some are permanently raised while others can be retracted to be flush with the pavement when not needed.

This would be to have and the F-15 Model would need updated (Others Too?) to have an animated hook. However, most NON-Carrier based aircraft only use that hook for brake failure and to prevent runway overrun in emergencies. Runways at Nellis AFB have them textured in...they are at each end of 3L or 21R for sure and possibly on the parallel runway. On Tower-Controlled Barriers, both cables are normally retracted and stowed until needed upon Pilot Request. In the old days, we used to have to take down the barriers on Approach end and left the departure end up for emergency use. A change in winds could cause the barrier alert crew to scramble to change it up when this happened.

In all regards, I really love the realistic look on Nevada NTTR map runways. The Taxiway markers, ILS Hold Lines, the RED Stripe, and the Runway Remaining Markers all add to the realism of my experience. Reminds me of the good-old USAF days...:pilotfly:

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This would be to have and the F-15 Model would need updated (Others Too?) to have an animated hook. However, most NON-Carrier based aircraft only use that hook for brake failure and to prevent runway overrun in emergencies. Runways at Nellis AFB have them textured in...they are at each end of 3L or 21R for sure and possibly on the parallel runway. On Tower-Controlled Barriers, both cables are normally retracted and stowed until needed upon Pilot Request. In the old days, we used to have to take down the barriers on Approach end and left the departure end up for emergency use. A change in winds could cause the barrier alert crew to scramble to change it up when this happened.

In all regards, I really love the realistic look on Nevada NTTR map runways. The Taxiway markers, ILS Hold Lines, the RED Stripe, and the Runway Remaining Markers all add to the realism of my experience. Reminds me of the good-old USAF days...:pilotfly:

Most have that fancy retractable A-gear, however, when I was at NAS New Orleans, our E-28s were not retractable, if they needed to be removed, T-Line had to go out and physically detach it, then put it back when the evolution was over. Also our P-3s loved to aim for it to knock it out of service. I know this because one time they hit it, keyed up and said "got it".

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In Keflavik the F15's used to use the cable routinely when the Runway conditions were a bit marginal as the F15 can Raise its hook after use. Some Aircraft like the Tornado can only lower the hook which is a problem if someone is landing after you as it takes time to sort out, mind you the Tornado had reverse thrust so 99.9% of the time it wasn't an issue.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

In Keflavik the F15's used to use the cable routinely when the Runway conditions were a bit marginal as the F15 can Raise its hook after use. Some Aircraft like the Tornado can only lower the hook which is a problem if someone is landing after you as it takes time to sort out, mind you the Tornado had reverse thrust so 99.9% of the time it wasn't an issue.

Did not know the Tornado had a hook. In Holloman AFB, they had a net up when the Tornados where flying for emergency, I guess I assume the Tornado did not have a hook.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yea it could only be used 3 times then needed to be replaced

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

• 7 months later...