IKAROS Map/Aegean Sea

Alpiinoo

• 3 weeks later...

great map idea but man - it would take forever to model that city and civic density...

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• 4 months later...
not viable in DCS...

Actually it is a great theater for operations.

Sea, many islands, mountains & valleys..Modelling the cities and villages can be a pain in the $@#. Fly BMS and you will get my point..

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

• 1 month later...

I do not see any reason why DCS can not handle this map. Look at Syria how detailed it is. The cities like Haifa, Damascus, Adana, Aleppo are really big and DCS works just fine. Also the sea covers a lot of area so in that sense the impact on PC would not be that much. The distances to fly are reasonable and the map is very suitable for naval ops. This would be the best map for multiplayer environment. Just take a look at the proposed map and imagine two sides on east and west. Even the WWII aircraft would have a lot of fun there. Many islands to deploy samsites. Also for helicopter operations it is a great terrain.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

• 6 months later...

Would be a nice addition if the Engine could do the City complexity justice and it lined up with the expanded Syria map so that there was a seemless transition once we move to the world engine.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...