Crushing people

Rolds

Ok so this is more of a request than a bug, and a somewhat morbid one at that. If you run over infantry in a plane, like the F18, they die. If you try to run them over in a tank, like the M1A2, the tank comes to a halt and no damage is done to the infantry.

It would be nice (and cruel) but mostly nice if we could have the same plane hitting infantry mechanic for vehicles hitting infantry.

Ok so this is more of a request than a bug, and a somewhat morbid one at that. If you run over infantry in a plane, like the F18, they die. If you try to run them over in a tank, like the M1A2, the tank comes to a halt and no damage is done to the infantry.

It would be nice (and cruel) but mostly nice if we could have the same plane hitting infantry mechanic for vehicles hitting infantry.

Yeah lol I noticed this as well. Ran into one and did more damage to myself than the soldier haha

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

If you try to run them over in a tank, like the M1A2, the tank comes to a halt and no damage is done to the infantry.

Seriously? Must be a bug since the sole purpose of DCS for most users is to kill and destroy.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Crushing people would be fine.

I would however much prefer if they actually ran for cover, when a tank is overruning them.

Not just stand around looking dumb while they are being mowed down, one by one, by a 12.7mm HMG

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• ED Team

Hi

I am sorry but this is intended, moving armour and infantry together would be very difficult in DCS if we added collision for infantry with vehicles.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

I am sorry but this is intended, moving armour and infantry together would be very difficult in DCS if we added collision for infantry with vehicles.

BIGNEWY,

That does make sense and I can imagine a commander's frustration if friendly infantry kept getting killed.

Is it possible to consider enabling the collision for dissimilar coalitions?

Kind of 'best of both'? Or am I proposing making nobody happy...

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa