JESTER Volume Control?

Steve Gee

Is there a separate volume control for the Jester interface? Just fired my flying rig back up after some DCS updates and now, Jester's REALLY loud.

Any way to turn him down a bit? Thanks. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

*digs out the manual*

Edit - Even with the volume knob at it's lowest setting, when I use the Jester interface, it's incredibly loud. MUCH louder than it ever was before and MUCH louder than it was the last time I flew, a couple of months ago.

Edited by Steve Gee
  • Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Yea it's been broke since last update.

Thanks. I knew that wasn't right when Jester shook my screen.

I can turn down Jester just fine - yea, he is ear drum splitting loud - The Who live loud! Not sure why you guys can't turn him down though.

Self-evident, however, check your ICS control panel, turn the volume dial to the left (far left dial).

I've cranked it as far left as it will go and he's still The Who LOUD for me.

Wow not sure why you cant turn it down i tried it yesterday and realized after all awhile how quiet it was and i had turn it all the way off lol. There is a indicator mark on the knob and you can see it move when you rotate it. Not sure of any other jester volume control. You can also key bind that setting and try it that way to test

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As I said earlier, I've already adjusted that volume knob to it's lowest settings. I've zoomed in and physically seen the volume knob move, that's not the problem.

The problem is anytime I bring up the Jester menu, it's overmodulated and LOUD, voice and all sounds, overwhelming all the other sounds in game. As I did nothing but update DCS since the last time I played, something has changed in the Jester sound level for sure.

Sorry I couldn't have been more assistance . I noticed that jesters volume was extremely loud about 1 or 2 updates ago and that's what I did to correct it on my end. with that said I use voice attack and AIRIO so I do not have the jester menu

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk