PI (INS Offset) bombing broken

LastRifleRound

Release is now impossible in PI mode. Whether you hold pickle or not, the bombs will not come off no matter what you do.

With the same settings, I turned off PI, doubled back and successfully struck the target with regular CCRP mode, so master arm, qty and spacing were all set properly, radalt was on, radar was in EM, RS active.

I seem to have the same problem:

I can not get the bombs to release, tried several times now.

Doing the BAD stuff on waypoint 2.

Master arm on, bombs BL1 selected on PCA (showing S P), TAS, RS and PI selected (showing S). Weapon System CMD forward for AG mode.

Radar on EM, display shows TAS RS. Chuck's guide doesn't have RS selected though, but it says so in the training mission.

PPA fuze to INST, tried several NB and DIST settings.

Update INS on waypoint 2 Tonopah, steering cues after flyover, target cross on the targets nearby, I fly to the targets, wings level to steering cue, release cue line rises up, I hold the trigger... and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? I could do the CCRP training on NTTR no problem (not hitting anything though :) )

Side note: I think around the time you are told to fly towards waypoint 2 the training text says something along the line of "the thin needle points towards the waypoint" when in fact it is the double arrow. IIRC the audio is correct though.

CCRP release is not possible anymore indeed, CCIP release in PI mode is still working.

Reported in bug section.

Never tried nor knew CCIP existed in PI mode. Is that when you have high drags? Does it work the same way just with manual release, or is it just like a regular CCIP release?

Never tried nor knew CCIP existed in PI mode. Is that when you have high drags? Does it work the same way just with manual release, or is it just like a regular CCIP release?

Yes when you have high drag. You'll get the CCIP piper and will be directed toward target after passing over IP.

But there is also a bug in this mode, as you can't perform position update (reported in bug section).

PI mode need to be fully reviewed

Yes when you have high drag. You'll get the CCIP piper and will be directed toward target after passing over IP.

But there is also a bug in this mode, as you can't perform position update (reported in bug section).

PI mode need to be fully reviewed

I'm not sure if you should even be able to have PI with CCPI bombs... :D

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I just struggled with this same issue. It seems like you have to go CMD forward again after passing IP. FPM should change to the diamond symbol. I also believe the small cross on ground goes away but is still being used. Took me about 10 attack runs to figure it out. CCRP also works with same technique, not sure if it’s a bug or not. It you don’t see the diamond instead of FPM, bombs won’t release.

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

PI bombin release.bug is fixed on development. Awaiting test for release.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

PI bombin release.bug is fixed on development. Awaiting test for release.

Great

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk