Laser Code 1113 and (at least) Su-25T

Everything stated here seems to not work anymore. Thanks ED!

While playing around with CTLD's jtac autolase function, I discovered that using laser code 1113 will show a diamond in the HUD of the Su-25T.

Further testing showed, that - if you manual override (left alt + w) - you actually can use the laser guidance to fire the Su-25T's laser missiles without having to lase them yourself. You just have to wait for the diamond to become a circle, press alt + w, fire and forget. Not only that, it also gives you a higher fire range for ALL of the missiles, so Kh-29L, the 25ML and the S-25L have the SAME firing range (which obviously seems to be a bug).

I have tested this successfully in the mission editor (SP), hosting a multiplayer myself and joining a MP game. It did not work with the Su-25, though. The Su-25 activates its own laser after you've fired the missile and even if you turn of your laser directly after the shot, the missiles would just explode somewhere in air.

It also does work when CA buddy is lasing.

A-10C is confirmed working (thanks Isegrim)

See the attached mission. Just start the mission, activate ground mode (7) select one of the missiles, press alt+w for manual override and wait for the rectangle to turn into a circle - FIRE!

The mission uses mist and CTLD for CTLD's jtac autolase feature. I did not test it with vanilla DCS as I don't know how to make a unit lase a target on a specific code.

Does anyone have more experience in this?

su25t_laser_1113_test.miz

Edited by lotherk
  • Like 4

Has anyone else tested this using it in conjunction with an A-10C?

We did not yet, but I assume everything that can lase on code 1113 will work (at least for the Su-25T).

You can simply test the A-10A by replacing/adding an A-10A to the test mission provided in the first post. I might do somewhen this week.

Cheers

Wow. JTACs for Froggies? Sounds Interesting and will open a whole new possibility for the T-Frog. Nice find!

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Its Working with the A-10C and the SU-25Ts KH-29L and KH-25ML aswell.

CTLD´s Jtac Mod is not needed.

It is not working with KH-25ML equipped KA-50s.

Maybe because the KA is using a different laser code?

I knew it would work in vanilla, without CTLD and I'm not sure if the DCS Mods forum is the right place for this.

We need to find out why this is working, how this is working and how we get the Su-25 for example to work, too. (Ka-50 would be awesome, too).

Does anyone know how we can find the piece of code that is responsible for why 1113 is working? I've done a quick grep on all lua files to find anything related to 1113, but couldn't find much so far.

Edited by lotherk

Does it to work with the Vihkr? Are you trying to get it to work with the Vihkr on the Ka-50?

With either the Su-25T or Ka-50 buddy lasing the Vihkr would be a bug as it's beam riding and looks back at the launch platform rather than the target.

I don't think all of the Kh-25ML's, Kh-29L's or S-25L's are beam riding as at least some look to have sensors so it seems at least conceivable that it would be possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Does it to work with the Vihkr? Are you trying to get it to work with the Vihkr on the Ka-50?

With either the Su-25T or Ka-50 buddy lasing the Vihkr would be a bug as it's beam riding and looks back at the launch platform rather than the target.

I don't think all of the Kh-25ML's, Kh-29L's or S-25L's are beam riding as at least some look to have sensors so it seems at least conceivable that it would be possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

i edit the code in this file to 1113 And if it did not work with you open it with mission editor and type its code to 1113 just it

and i hope u excuse me for my english badforums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=139639&stc=1&d=1461854771

DCS-JTACAutoLaze-master____for su-25t with laser code 1113.zip