LOL at HOTAS pricing right now.

I have a TM16000 HOTAS, and wanted to give the X-56 a shot. I bought a 'renewed' one on Amazon, and the XYZ stick axes quit working after less a month. It has a 90-day return policy, so it's boxed up and ready to return.

I figured it was time to bite the bullet and get a Warthog HOTAS. When I bought the X-56 the Warthog was $498 on Amazon. Today on Amazon it's $699, $899, $999, even $1281 from one vendor. :lol:

Dell has it for $498. Sometimes Amazon sellers make me LMAO.

I'll be using my TM16000 until the Warthog arrives from Dell.

There were plenty of reviewers who said the same thing about the refurbished units. Also quite a few who said they'd had no problems. 90-day return warranty made it worth the shot.

My post was not so much about whether I was dumb for taking that shot as it was about the price of Warthogs on Amazon right now.

Interesting. Our currency took a major hit this spring. But I can still get a Warthog for 520 USD, including shipping.

I was lucky too. Got a real cheap Cougar the other day.

141 EUR / 166 USD. Guess I was lucky. The stick has the dreadful "play" in the cams. But I was happy for the throttle was most important, as I am going to get the Warthog anyway. But I'm also thinking about getting the FSSB now. Also found a super way to rebuild/mod a cheap SideWinder FFB2 I got. We'll see.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Prepare to have your shipment delayed... and delayed... from Dell. They do have a pretty good price on the Warthog and I did get mine eventually, and even got them to give me $50 back after lying to me multiple times about delivery dates, so it wasn't a bad deal. But they seem to have a habit of selling stock they don't really have at the time, and shamelessly lying about it. Good luck!

Holy cow! Just saw prices skyrocketed here in Germany as well. Made the mistake of having my 8 year old nephew having a go at DCS. He decided he needed to put all his weight into my Warthog stick, so I had get a new Warthog system 2 Months ago, which I got for €345...phew

Needless to say no one will ever sit in my simpit again, except me.

Win10 x64 | ASUS Z390 E - Gaming | Watercooled Der8auer i7-8700K @ 5.0Ghz| 32 GB 3200MHz GSkill Trident Z | Watercooled GTX 1080 Ti | 4 x SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs |3 x Stream Deck XL, | TrackIR |

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | FC3 | F-5E | F-16C | AV-8B | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | MiG-21bis | MiG-15bis | Black Shark 2 | UH-1H | Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR

Holy cow! Just saw prices skyrocketed here in Germany as well. Made the mistake of having my 8 year old nephew having a go at DCS. He decided he needed to put all his weight into my Warthog stick, so I had get a new Warthog system 2 Months ago, which I got for €345...phew

Needless to say no one will ever sit in my simpit again, except me.

Shoulda handed him a Logitech Wingman! :thumbup:

Shoulda handed him a Logitech Wingman! :thumbup:

or a taser!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Whoa, I just checked the AMZ prices here in the US... Holy smokes!!!! that's insane.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control